or Connect

Posts by beansmama

3/1 - coconut curry rice (had lots of garbanzo beans and veggies in it...wasn't just rice!), broccoli 3/2 - tempeh burgers w/ spuds (all homemade) 3/3 - homemade pizza 3/4 - general tao's tofu, brown basmati, broccoli  3/5 - tempeh fajitas 3/6 - ? WOW! I actually forgot what I made...but we didn't eat out, lol! 3/7 - Soupy beans and tortillas
We're with ING, too.   1ish% is about as good as it gets right now...sorry. I'm SO missing the 5% interest days...
3/1 - coconut curry rice (had lots of garbanzo beans and veggies in it...wasn't just rice!), broccoli 3/2 - tempeh burgers w/ spuds (all homemade) 3/3 - homemade pizza 3/4 - general tao's tofu, brown basmati, broccoli  3/5 - tempeh fajitas 3/6 - Tamarind BBQ Tempeh & Sweet potatoes     ...anyone else still cooking?
  3/1 -  no spend! 3/2 -  budget spending. $6 on fruit. We only have $6 to last us 9 days, but we have pretty much everything we need...so...yeah! Crossing fingers! 3/3 -  no spend! (okay, so the day isn't over yet, but I don't plan on going anywhere that requires my wallet - I'll update if I do!) 3/4 -  budget spending. $9.50 on fruit and bread. I actually had $8 left from the other day, not $6 like I stated above, and then I raided the change jar...which is cash - so I...
Selling books on amazon, and occasionally posting something on craigslist.   I made $80ish in the last two days from books on amazon! Woo!
To answer your rent/school question -   For our family, yes, 42% of our income would be way too much to spend on rent and school alone. But here's the thing - and I didn't see your original post - I really think it depends on WHAT your actual income is.   I mean, if you're bringing home $1,000/mo and $420 of that is going to those 2 expenses alone, you're probably in trouble.   However, if you are bringing home $5,000/mo, you're still left with $2900 for...
Let me follow that up with the only possible option - oh! DUH!   hehe...thanks    
Awesome! I'm glad you guys jumped on the band wagon...it's a good place to be :)    
I'm getting antsy about getting our emergency fund polished off. If I can manage to shave an entire month or two now I'm dreaming!!!) off that 6 month plan...I'd be in heaven!   Today I listed some books on amazon. I didn't think I had much left to sell...I usually donate everything cause I'm lazy...but I listed about 8 books, most aren't worth much ($6-13/ea), but I had a textbook that was actually still the newest edition available! And it sold a couple hours after...