or Connect

Posts by maizy

Quote: Originally Posted by A&A Yeah, I know. I just wanted opinions anyway. I think dh was seriously screwed up by his parents' divorce, but I also know that his mother bad-mouthed his father a lot (and still does to this day.) My parents are happily married. H parents divorced and (we're almost 40) still can't be in the same room together, bad mouth each other and are just toxic. I think my H is very affected and screwed up by his parents...
Quote: Originally Posted by Arduinna I don't think the MIL should be assumed to be in on dh doing this behind your back. Otherwise she probably wouldn't have busted him to you, or maybe she knew but didn't support the lying part of it and that is why she did bust him LOL. Regardless, she is the one that told you, and did it in a way that seems like she didn't know that you didn't know. He learns this kind of stuff from her although, I think you...
Thank you, Itzj. These are all scenarios I have thought through and did pose to my husband. I also had him read through the thread to see the responses. I agree with what you said about being able to nurse through the shots and proper preperation, my heart breaks b/c this was not an option. Honestly, had H read any data and discussed with me, I would have compromised and I would never have let any nurse bully me into doing more shots. It is all so sad. As I see it...
Thanks for your words. I have spent the whole day reading through this and trying to process. I did go talk with the director at the health dept. It is "normal" to "catch up a child" on vaccinations and to do so without mothers consent. No, I don't plan to divorce over this but we are headed for counseling. I would never divorce over one issue or without trying to work on hings. Yes, there are huge communication issues. Yes, I feel marginalized. Yes, you are only...
Quote: Originally Posted by CherryBomb I'd also consider that perhaps he really did intend to only get the polio vax, and then was pressured by the doctor into "catching up" and getting them all. I think that is exactly what happened. dh said he'd intended on only getting the polio vax. It does not change what he allowed them to do, or that he did it behind my back and tried to hide it.
Quote: Originally Posted by ThisCat If may calculations are correct, eight separate shots would be every injectable vaccine available to that age group in single shot form (Hep B, DTaP, Hib, Pneumococcal, Polio, MMR, Varicella, and Hep A). I can't imagine why a health care provider would give them all at the same time much less in single shot form. Also, if he got eight shots, it would have been hard to overlook. There are often needle marks and lumps. ...
Quote: Originally Posted by heathergirl67 Wow! That sounds awful! I'm sorry that you're having to go through this. I have to say, though, that I think your anger is misdirected. IMO the state health dept is much less a culprit in this thing than your husband. I understand how it could be easier to place the blame on an outside entity, but I really think the source of the problem is closer to home. What precipitated this? I can accept that....
EIGHT SEPERATE NEEDLES! and all the toxins, animals products and filth.
Thank you all for your support. I don't want to talk to my friends or family b/c I don't want to alienate him further. Not that he does not deserve it but he is my kid's dad and my husband. I appreciate I have trusted women here. I'll try to answer your questions. I may be long winded but maybe writing will help me to process. He mentioned to me in April that he wanted ds to get vaccinated for polio I said we would have to compromise and did a ton of research, handed it...
My husband went behind my back on Tuesday and got our son vaccinated. 8 shots, including chicken pox vax. Previously he'd never even been to a doctor and was so healthy. Needles to say, I am horrified, brokenhearted and betrayed but even more so my poor baby... I have a couple questions: 1. Legally, can a parent do this w/o the others permission? I want to sue this health dept. for doing this but I'm afraid all they need is dad's permission. I live in Texas if that...