or Connect

Posts by maizy

I could not sleep last night. I kept going over the VP debates in my head... ugh! I turned on my hypnotherapy CD's 4 times to fall asleep and then I'd rest an hour and then wake up. When I finally did get to sleep I heard... "mommy, I neeeeeeed you!" from my 5 year old! I looked at the clock and it was 6:30am. so got up and started my day. I have not had any lengthy contractions like some of you mention. My MW has been saying for two weeks that I could go any day and...
I think its very cute and I'm guessing your husband has a significant reason behind the name? We have a friend names Ace who I've known since he was born and is now 14. It fits him so well. Usually unique names have a way of fitting perfectly for the individual.
Quote: Originally Posted by Marcimama This is what I have on hand currently, I may run to the store for other thing though. - Sport drinks (I usually 1/2 with water) - Miso soup - Fresh fruit popcicles I usually don't need to do much eating in labor, but mine aren't long. I try to eat a decent meal during early labor and then just keep hydrated during active labor. This is what I had planned to eat too. Although not sure what type of...
What a cutie! The wrap looks neat too.
Quote: Originally Posted by Panthira Have you had the baby yet? You haven't posted to this thread in a little while, so I thought I'd ask if that's what you were doing. You know, having a baby. No baby yet. My MW told me two weeks ago, "any day". My last day of work was Tuesday. I'm just lounging around, folding baby clothes, sewing wipes, napping shamelessly, baking. Technically I'm overdue but that is just a date on the calendar. This baby...
You might try some hypnotherapy/ relaxation. hypnobabies.com I bet has something you could down load that would help now and in birthing too.
Quote: Originally Posted by Kim919 That totally sucks We own our house, but my MIL seems to feel (and has said verbally) that her son owns the house & I am a guest there, and that she therefore has more right to be there then I do. She has (more then once) "broken in" when we were on vacation and "cleaned" (because I don't do it good enough) and thrown out furniture and moved things, etc. He bought the house when we were 1st dating and I moved in...
I'd tell them when you would like them to come. We have to advocate for ourselves and our families. If I were in your situation, I'd ask my dh to tell his parents its not a good time and can they stick to the original plan and come for the holidays. If they press he can explain that you are grown up now and have your own family and want to experience this as a family. I've had to do this with my mother who is high maintanence. I explained that I do not want her at my...
You will have the baby... don't worry! They never stay in forever! I'm actually enjoying the respite. My MW has said for two weeks now that I could go "any day" ... I actually felt like I could have gone last week but this week I'm kind of feeling like its not going to happen until Monday or so.
1. sewing diapers and wipes 2. watching the debates 3. cleaning house 4. packing bags for hosp. 5. Mow the lawn 6. Make freezer meals 7. Lunch with friends 8. nap, rest 9. Walk 10. Spend quality time with ds Today was my "due date" and MW said "any day". YAY!!