or Connect

Posts by maizy

Quote: Originally Posted by Amber Lion Ok, my baby set up is finally picture worthy!!! We didn't do a nursery... more like a wall. But I'm still pretty proud of how well it turned out for a budget of zero (didn't buy anything but the thermos pump pot and the trash can for a diaper pail) and no room in a very small house! Anyways... The Wall Sorry it's a little fuzzy. The bookshelves have all our baby stuff on it and the dresser is actually my...
Quote: Originally Posted by mandemack Due Saturday here! Shocked though! Cause last baby was a week early. I'm thinking Oct. 3rd will be my day this time. I'm thinking the 3rd- 6th for me. Last week my MW said "any day"... so... we'll see. Its strange b/c with my first he came at 38 weeks so going full term even "late" is so different. This baby is already bigger than my son was two weeks old!
Quote: Originally Posted by mamanurse Only 1 1/2 weeks of my mat leave are paid. We simply cannot afford to take more time off since I make nearly 70% of our household income. How I wish our laws/culture were different regarding working moms, pregnany, and birth. : I so agree with you!! I have 12 days of vacation to be paid and after that nothing until I go back to work! Luckily I have been saving since the first tri. and we should be fine. I am...
I am down to one pair of pants and three shirts! And I would call two of the shirts marginal at best! AND... I'm still working. I wear the same pants everyday thank goodness they are black... and switch between these three awful shirts. I will be SOOO happy to pass them on when I have this baby. Luckily I only have one more week to work and my due date is in 2 weeks so... I should be out of this wardrobe soon! Oh... and I gained 4 lbs in two weeks! I usually weight 103...
Quote: Originally Posted by teachma Is there a difference (in safety for the baby) between having a glass of wine or a beer? My ob recommended "the occasional glass of wine" to help me cope with an anxiety disorder now that I have gone off my medication. During my first two pregnancies, the only time I ever drank was during the tww, before I knew. I will be at 11 weeks tomorrow, and wine does not appeal to me at all...but a beer might. What do you...
This post cracks me up! I have heard almost all of these comments. I find is funny what complete stranger feel comfortable saying to a pregnant woman. An aquaintance told me.. "you know what helps... SEX" I looked at him kind of funny and said, "I'll let my husband know your rooting for him!" But inside I was thinking, "I hardly know you" Walking my son to school every morning I pass "the peanut gallery" These woman who DON'T know me ooh and ahh strange things...
Anyone else still working? I only get three months off so I wanted to wait until the very last minute. My work hired a temp. replacement and Monday I start training them. I'm due next Friday but plan to work up until labor starts. Man, I am so not focused... for example I'm on this forum instead of writing reports or making phone calls. I'm checking etsy.com for cute baby goodies instead of working.
I'm 39 weeks and HUGE. I walk my 5 year old to school and there is a chorus of ladies (I don't know) who "and a"aah" and "poor thing" at me every morning. Its funny but annoying. Its like having a giant belly gives people the right to do and say things they normally would not to a perfect stranger. Its so inappropriate. I don't remember this happening with #1 but I guess I never got this big with him. Then there are people who say nice things or just simply smile...
I know! 39 weeks and no name!!! We've made these wonderful lists of names but none feels right... Sabine feels right and we both like it. Now we need a boy name! We've got Leo, Silas, Aaron on a list. No family names to draw from. I love the name Max but dh does not. Oh, I love the name Poppy, Joshs_girl! (that is the CA State flower) I hope you are safe from Ike!
My parents are Nana and Papa Husbands mother and husband are Grandma and Grandpa and husbands father and wife are Grandpa Mike and Grandma Toni It makes it easy to tell everyone apart.