or Connect

Posts by atlantafemme

So I finally went to a PT and was told that the right side of my pelvis is tilted a little bit toward the back, which is causing my oblique muscle to "shorten" and be painful. I may have always had a slight tilt but pregnancy probably increased the tilt and put more stress on my muscles. The PT seemed confident that this is correctable but I have to go back to learn the exercises. Just wanted to update this here in case Kelly comes back or anyone else experiences the...
So I finally went to a PT and was told that the right side of my pelvis is tilted a little bit toward the back, which is causing my oblique muscle to "shorten" and be painful. I may have always had a slight tilt but pregnancy probably increased the tilt and put more stress on my muscles. The PT seemed confident that this is correctable but I have to go back to learn the exercises. Just wanted to update this here in case anyone else experiences the same thing. 
Lady Phoenix, did you find relief? I didn't go to PT b/c of money and I'm still struggling with it. It seems worse when I exercise, which is really frustrating because I need exercise to keep my anxiety down but the pain sends my anxiety back up because I'm always thinking--what if it's something else? I'm pretty sure though that it's just residual muscle damage from my last pregnancy now two years ago. My actual split isn't that large anymore but all of the muscles on...
Kelley, I'm sorry you're also experiencing this but glad to know I'm not alone. I haven't found any answers, and I still feel the soreness and my youngest is almost 2. I haven't tried abdominal exercises yet but it's in my list. Good luck!
I've nursed two little ones now and have had a lot of questions about post-breastfeeding breasts--not just a week after but months or even years. I'm not finding a lot of resources online about breast health after weaning. I'm sure women have asked these questions here before but I can't find them. Anyway we can get a section or a sticky for this?   As for my specific questions: I'm nearly 3 months out from weaning but still have some soreness in one breast. My...
Google Tinea versicolor. I only have a little on my stomach, bra line, and back--so don't let Google images deter you.  Mine start out as little red patches before they fade to white. I had it before BFing but it got worse along my bra line while nursing because of the frequent dampness and heat.
Thanks for suggestions, MrsGregory. I went to a GYN who did an exam and didn't feel any abnormalities. She suggestion that this is just a "problem breast"--it's the same one I had mastitis in last year--and might revert to normal on its own as I wean. The pain is very mild. It's more annoying and weird-feeling than sore so I'm hoping she's right. Now if I can only turn off the worry factory in my brain... :) 
Thanks for chiming in, Lady Phoenix! It's good to hear I'm not the only one though I'm sorry you're in pain as well. Good luck with healing!
As an update to my original post, I finally saw a GYN who thinks my pain is caused by the muscle weakness/damage involed with the diastasis in my abdomen. She's sending me to physical therapy. We'll see.   Mendomama84, I'm assuming I developed my diastasis during my 2nd pregnancy though I didn't notice it at the time. My 2nd labor and delivery were MUCH easier than my first so I'd say it didn't affect that process at all.
Hello folks,   So, over the last few days I started to noticed a soreness developing on the right side of my right breast, close to the armpit. When I palpate the area, it feels lumpy and a little more sore but it's not unbearable and there's no redness, and not at all like the mastitis experience I had last summer.    I'm guessing that it could be a mildly plugged duct. Everything I've read says that I need to let my little one nurse often and for a long time t...