or Connect

Posts by atlantafemme

Just thought I'd post this here in case cosleeping parents want to add comments: http://moms.today.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/11/16/8836623-babies-with-knives-co-sleeping-ad-angers-some-parents?threadId=3273360&commentId=59976773#c59976773
Hey folks,   We're looking for a ped in W-S. We vax but our sons are intact so we need a ped who is knowledgeable and supportive of that, doesn't throw antibiotics at every illness, and is comfortable with same-sex parents. I realize the last criterion may be hard for most of you to know so I'm really just looking for some solid mothering-type recommendations.    Thanks!
Well, I saw an OBGYN today who told me that my lumpiness is just left over scar tissue and inflammation from the trauma of the mastitis. He said it can take a long time for the breast to feel 'normal' again and often some lumpiness can be permanent. I'm always skeptical of MDs, especially when it comes to my lady parts, but what he said made sense. Anyone have any thoughts on this? 
Ismama-- how long after your bouts did your affected breast feel totally back to normal?
Ugh-- so sorry to hear you're experiencing this. My fever started on a Thursday afternoon and lasted through Sunday, 24 hours after I started the antibiotics. It would come on strong, give me bad chills and aches, go down once I took ibuprofen and come roaring back once that wore off. Mastitis can resolve without antibiotics and from what I've read if the fever only lasts around 24 hours or so, docs don't usually prescribe anything but what you're doing. You can read...
Thanks for your response! I've been doing some massage but should probably do more warm compresses. The thing that puzzles me is that the area doesn't really hurt and everything I read about plugged ducts suggests that these are pretty painful. I can only detect a little soreness when I poke and prod. Nursing has never been painful since the onset of mastitis. (By contrast, I had two milks blisters with my first son and that was excruciating!) Anyone else have minimally...
Hello folks,   I developed mastitis a little over three weeks ago. I had a fever, chills, and body aches for two days before realizing my breast was also a little red and mildly sore. I'm nursing my second baby and never experienced mastitis or any plugged ducts with my first. (He nursed for 13 months. My second son was 3 months when this mastitis hit.)   My midwife prescribed me antibiotics and rest, warm compresses, etc. Unfortunately, we were in the middle of...
Bumping this b/c we're dealing with the same problem. 27 month old DS constantly melting here, throws, kicks, knocks things out of my hands, flings himself on the floor, etc. He's very verbal so it's not that he can't communicate but I feel like he's tantrum-ing more often than he's not. We've had plenty of changes lately (moved, new brother, etc) but I can't change any of that for him. I try to respond lovingly. But I usually lose my patience by the late afternoon and...
Here's an old thread: http://www.mothering.com/community/forum/thread/1161292/genderqueer-parent-names   My partner goes by Duda, though mostly our toddler calls DP "Du" or "Ma-Du," the latter of which he made up completely on his own. (I'm Mommy.)   As an aside, I don't call either of my boys "son." But I generally don't call them by their real names either unless they're in danger or I need to get their attention quickly for some reason. Each has his own set of...
We wanted to have the same last name. So, my partner and I dumped our given surnames (which neither of us were attached to) when we got married and chose to take my grandfather's last name b/c he's always been supportive of me/us. Our boys, born since, share that name with us.