or Connect

Posts by atlantafemme

Thank you both for your reassuring replies! Lach, is this the book you're talking about: http://www.amazon.com/Im-Big-Brother-Joanna-Cole/dp/0061900656 ? I don't mind about the bottle-feeding references. I'm fine with explaining to my son that some families are different from us or do things differently and that differences are okay. Plus, I'm hoping to pump more with #2 so we'll be using a bottle sometimes for that.    And going to the supermarket is already hard...
So I've been reading this board and seeing a lot of folks talking about how hard it is to manage a toddler and a newborn. I'm about to be in the position myself and was wondering if anyone has had not-so-hellish experiences with this? Any advice from more experienced mamas?   Some background on us: My son will be 23 months when #2 arrives (in 9 weeks). DS is very verbal for his age but he has been hitting and kicking lately when he gets frustrated or tired. He goes...
We've had our 20-month-old in these kinds of suits since he started going to the pool/beach. We have some from Coolibar, Target, Babies R Us, Carter's, etc. We still put sunscreen on his face, hands and feet and keep him in hats but I feel much better (and it's way easier) not having to slather his whole body and reapply the stuff. He's never gotten any sun through one of these suits. Like the above poster mentioned, it's because of the way the fabric is woven.   By...
We thought a while about Nico and both liked it... but we think we've finally decided on a different name. Of course my partner won't let me tell anyone because DP wants no feedback to affect us and our decision. But in about 12 weeks, I will let you all know. :) I will say that the first name is one that someone mentioned here, though we had mulled it a bit beforehand. 
I'm looking for the same thing. All of the pediatric dentists I've found on the internet around here have terrible online reviews. Please update if you find someone! 
Thanks for all of your suggestions, everyone, and keep 'em coming. We're still undecided... uuuuuuugggghgghghhhhhh! But perhaps this thread will inspire others down the line who are looking for GN names. There are plenty of good ones here, just none that my partner and I agree on. 
Shoot. We don't watch Dora so I didn't know about Isa the Iguana. I like Shane too but my partner nixed it. Elliot was also a contender but was nixed for being too popular. I'm going to go insane in this name process. Only 13 weeks left to decide...
What do you all think of Esa, pronounced "EE-sa"? Does it sound gender-neutral?
Hey folks,   I started a yahoo group called AtlantaOffbeatParents to help connect offbeat parent types (inspired by the blog Offbeat Mama) in the Atlanta area. I don't know if I'm "allowed" to post this sort of thing here but I figured it couldn't hurt to try. Please check it out if you're located in Atlanta: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/atlantaoffbeatparents    Thanks!
Super~Single~Mama, it's the birthing parent that has to give up the rights, which is why is makes no sense and was bypassed. The one thing that can save the other NC 2nd parent adoptions and make them possible in the future for others is for that dumb law to be nixed but I imagine that will take at least a few years of work from the community.    I think the 2nd parent in this case was awarded shared custody because the court found it in the child's best interest...