or Connect

Posts by 47chromosomes

Thank you for the further suggestions.  We have not had a CBC for him, or a vit B test.  I will ask about that.   And I agree with making sleep a priority.  We do have an extra bedroom.  Maybe we will try it out for him, and see if he sleeps better without brother around.
@ the vitamins.  I think I will check for something for kids that seems more high quality.  Any suggestions?  The ones he is getting are pretty run-of-the-mill.   @ sleeping.  I had that thought as well.  He is napping less.  He sleeps okay, but always resists falling to sleep, plus he shares his room with his brother who is an early riser, and who has special needs so is not always aware of his volume in the morning.
Thank you for the suggestions.  I did have the idea to do some green smoothies.  I will get on that.  Also your suggestion for allergens... it makes so much sense.  I think I will try.   For some reason my gut is telling me that could be it for him.
My 3 year old son has been ill recently, and frequently it seems.  I had his hemoglobin checked in March, it was fine.  He just seems run down, sad and frustrated.  It makes me really sad to see him so down.  I just have a feeling it is related to his health.  He just seems sort of depleted nutritionally.  He eats a wide variety, but can often be "too busy" to really sit down and eat a whole meal.  Any ideas on how I can replenish his system and boost his immunity?  I...
My son has Down Syndrome, and I highly recommend the Downsyn.com forum. link to the forum below. http://www.downsyn.com/phpbb2/index.php
Our oldest son has Down Syndrome.  We found this out when he was two and a half months old.  It was life changing for us, and we were really going through a lot.  We needed a lot of support, and it was hard to find the right kind.  We found that the closer a person was to Charlie and our family, the less helpful they were.  I realized later that people like my parents were going through their own grief and the ways they were dealing with it was so not helpful for us,...
That is definitely a valid c-section reason.  It happens.  When a baby is crooked it is called acynclitic.  I've birthed two acynclitic babies vaginally, but I'll be honest, I don't think birth is a good idea for me in the future.  My first acynclitic baby was a difficult home birth.  My midwives were very skilled in positioning issues, and we sort of methodically went through the list of what we could do to help that baby be born, and eventually he was born.  It was a...
I would be afraid of experiencing something like that again, too.  So sorry.  I wonder why your midwife wasn't able to provide relief.  And, actually, WHY couldn't your get an epidural if you requested one?  humpf.   I would do a couple of things.  One, I think you should realize that your repair should absolutely NOT have been that painful.  If lydocain shots, or whatever anesthetic was not working for you, then in retrospect, you could have asked the midwife to...
Olivebubble - try the vitamin E thing while you wait to see another practitioner.  It really can't hurt, and I am absolutely not an expert, and my tear was internal, so different, but I would guess scar tissue may really be contributing to your pain.  For me, it was unbelievable how painful sex was just because of a bit of scar tissue, but the vitamin E, and probably just the rubbing part, began to stretch and soften the tissue.  The first few times we actually completed...
Did you have any tearing in your birth canal or perineum?  Any kind of scare tissue can cause pain with sex.  Or, even if you did not tear, having to get your baby out so quickly could certainly have damaged tissue that needs help to heal.  Have you been checked for infection?   I'm sorry about your birth.  That really sucks what happened.  I wanted to share my experiences with pp sex.  After my first birth--a totally non-traumatic, great birth, but I had a tear in...