or Connect

Posts by 47chromosomes

We are going to dress DS up in a cute little T-shirt that says "I have a secret..." on the front, and "I'm going to be a big brother!" on the back. We plan to do the revealing at my Grandpa's 90th B-day party in a couple weeks. All our family will be there including many dear family friends. We'll see who gets the prize for noticing first!
Less than 12 hours. I began nesting the evening of 1/7/06. I felt I had to scrub the bath tub, clean the kitchen, tidy up the bedroom, and wash baby clothes. I went into labor at 5am on 1/8/06 at 38 weeks 2 days. Had DS in the late afternoon.
We got pregnant when ds was 17 months old, and nursing 3 to 4 times a day. I don't know if it matters, but this was soon after ds started sleeping through the night. I think being well rested helped things. We were not trying, just not doing a very good job of preventing pregnancy during the month we got pregnant, so I voted 0-3 months. I got my first AF after giving birth when ds was 9 months old.
This is probably a really stupid question, but I've always wondered. With Pocket Diapers can you use the same cover more than once if it was just pee? I mean, it just seems so expensive to own one pocket dipe for every liner. I would have to buy like 24 pockets?! Just wondering how these work. I'm tempted to try them on DS as he has rash issues. Thanks. --K
How about trying foods that are on the spicier side? Sometimes the spice can help kids experience what is in their mouth better. Our son tends to keep filling his mouth up if we don't limit what we put on his tray. So, we can identify. --K
I have a 19 month old who has Down Syndrome. You know we did not find out until after Charlie's birth, but at that point meeting adults with DS was sort of depressing. When you recieve a diagnosis like that the whole life of your child flashes before your eyes and you think "I can't do this." But reality is you can. Anyone can, because you take it one day at a time. You get to know your child, and your child teaches you how to care for her or him. If your friend...
I just wanted to ad our prayers and blessings! Glad you are home! --K
hi all. We need something very specific for our son who has Down Syndrome. We have taken the past year of cloth diapers (in favor of the trimness of paper) to focus on his gross motor skills. Charlie has low muscle tone and he also has a big tummy and acid reflux. We need a trim diaper with a stretchy waistband that won't put pressure on his tummy. Any ideas. I got out the cloth diapers today and put one on him. He is crawling and pulling up and all that good stuff,...
hi all. We need something very specific for our son who has Down Syndrome. We have taken the past year of cloth diapers (in favor of the trimness of paper) to focus on his gross motor skills. Charlie has low muscle tone and he also has a big tummy and acid reflux. We need a trim diaper with a stretchy waistband that won't put pressure on his tummy. Any ideas. I got out the cloth diapers today and put one on him. He is crawling and pulling up and all that good stuff,...
My first son has Down Syndrome. With his pregnancy we only did an u/s at 24 weeks. We've done a lot of thinking about how we want to go about things this time. First of all, we have felt (in our spirits) that this baby is healthy. With my son, the whole first trimester I found myself prompted to pray for things like his heart, his digestive system, we prayed against miscarriage etc. All things that could go wrong with Down Syndrome. Despite his extra chromosome he...