or Connect

Posts by PhilsBabyMama

Saw this and wanted to share with you guys.
Adorable!
Does it seem to be bothering him? Sometimes when I know Malcolm is due for one, I'll bicycle his legs. That helps get things moving sometimes and definitely helps with gas. He's super gassy as I have an oversupply of milk coupled with an over active letdown.
That was us moving. It actually was a lot less painful than I thought it would be. Malcolm was amazing on the 7 hour drive from New York to Maryland. (Lucky fluke because he hates the car and always has.) Phil then drove with Maddox and our pup out to Arizona, but the baby and I flew. Our two flights were pretty uneventful, except for one massive poop blow out. ( I was ready for that since Malcolm hadn't pooped for a couple days.) He was great on the plane and just...
My hair is falling out like crazy. It is awful and I'm actually pretty self conscious about it. My hair has always been thin and is super fine, so now you can easily see my scalp. My husband seems to think it's not that bad, but I think he's just too nice to say anything else. I get handfuls when I run my fingers through my hair in the shower. It's like that scene from the movie The Craft. Ugh. :'( I read it should all be back to normal by a year postpartum. ...
After 6 weeks, babies who are breastfed can go over a week between poops. Maddox was an every nursing session pooper, but Malcolm will go a couple of days without pooping. He makes up for it on his "pooping days" though. "Dirty diapers: Expect 3-4+ stools daily that are the size of a US quarter (2.5 cm) or larger. Some babies stool every time they nurse, or even more often–this is normal, too. The normal stool of a breastfed baby is yellow and loose (soft to runny) and...
Hi ladies! Nice to have a moment to catch up and see how everyone is doing. Malcolm is doing great. He just turned 4 months on the 16th and he's more than doubled his birth weight. He was 12.4 lbs tonight when I weighed him. He seems so different from the 5 lb 15 oz teeny 36 weeker I gave birth to! I'm loving all his little rolls, which we have lovingly named Rhys's Creases. (Rhys is his middle name. Haha!) Nursing is going very well, although we had a few hiccups. ...
Can't handle all the cuteness! It's so much fun seeing all the May DDC babies grow! Here's Malcolm at 3 months and 3 weeks. I can't believe we'll be hitting 4 months next week! Doesn't seem that long ago that we brought home our (surprisingly early) baby! He's already more than doubled his birth weight, too, which is a relief. He seemed so tiny at 5 lb 15 oz.
Malcolm digs the Didymos. Looking forward to him getting a little bigger so I can break out the Babyhawk mei tai.
These are all so sweet! Malcolm has gotten much more smiley and it's finally gotten easier to get him to smile for the camera!