or Connect

Posts by PhilsBabyMama

My water broke on April 15th around 5:30 in the morning. I wasn't sure at first if that's what was going on. I was only 36 weeks and 2 days along, so I was in major denial and scared. My husband came in to the bathroom and I told him I thought my water had broken. He was supposed to go out into the field for military training that morning and be gone for the next 10 days or so, but let his chain of command know that we needed to see the midwife before he could go. I...
Congrats, Alaskamomma!!!
Wonderful news!! So happy for you all!
Thank you! I still can't believe Malcolm is here! I thought I'd have at least another month! I'm still trying to wrap my mind around everything.
I had a really, really hard labor with Malcolm and getting in the tub made a huge difference. He was posterior, so I had a ton of back labor this time. Maddox was also born under water, so laboring and birthing in a tub is just what I'm used to anyway. For me, it was a must, but I really think it depends on the person.
Malcolm Rhys was born (posterior) after 20 hours of labor. He had no trouble breathing or maintaining his temp and nurses like crazy! He was 5 lbs 15 oz. We're home cuddling now.
Woke up at 5:30 am on Monday leaking fluid. Confirmed water broke with midwife. 3:13 am now and having contractions 5 ish minutes apart. Heading to midwife's house now.
I'd maybe ask him to stick around and catch the next game in July. Just seems safer that way and then neither of you have to worry about it. I'm not too nervous about my husband missing our baby's birth, but it's definitely in the back of my mind. He's going out into the field for a big training exercise for the next two weeks. I'll be about 38 weeks when he gets back. I doubt I'll go into labor before then, but if I do, I have the company commander on speed dial and if...
Hahaha! Too cute, Pacemom!
I don't think you ever really know what to expect. At least, I sure don't! I actually call it my due month! (Between 38-42 weeks) Haha! Maddox came at 41 weeks and one day. I think, in general, first time moms go past their "due date" so I could go earlier with my second or maybe my babies just need to bake longer and I'll start laboring later. Guess we'll see what May brings! I'm so excited to start seeing at the DDC babies!