or Connect

Posts by goodpapa

I say start culturing the breastmilk. The culture temp is about 110 F and enzymes don't break down till 118 F so the full nutrient content should be in the yogurt as well. No point in keeping the milk in the freezer when it can be consumed. Papaya enzyme is great too. We eat here. I buy papayas to make smoothie (organic strawberry, organic banana, papaya, mango--the last two don't have to be organic and anyway organic for them is almost impossible to...
By any chance is your 2 yo nursing now? Breastmilk would be great for the probiotic bacteria. After my wife's Csection (we couldn't avoid the antibiotics) on day 3 of my son's new life, I started giving him powder on my fingertip while he was nursing. I kept up an intensive regimen until his poops started smelling yogurty. The other options are fine, but I just wanted to check if breastmilk was possible. Good luck, ...
I've only used goat milk as an alternative to cow and it worked fine. I have no idea about almond milk. There is, however, a supremely superior food for those little flora friends, you guessed it, mama's milk. When my son was 3 days old, after my wife's C section (HAD to have the antibiotics) I started taking a little probiotic powder (at that time we had Ethical Nutrients Acidophilus and Bifidorum) on my finger and gently pressing it into his mouth while he nursed....
..essential fatty acids: http://www.mercola.com/2004/feb/14/o...depression.htm "Let food be your medicine and medicine be your food" (Hippocrates) Good luck, Ray
..after 4 rounds of antibiotics there really is only one solution as far as I know: Probiotic supplementation, in order to replace what are now pretty devastated intestinal flora. The Power of Probiotics thread has all of the details. I culture Jarrow and Ethical Nutrients Acidophilus and Bifidobacteria as two separate yogurts for my family. If there is any chance your son has dairy sensitivity use a nondairy...
...we can all benefit from a higher intake of Essential Fatty Acids: http://www.mercola.com/2004/feb/14/o...depression.htm Here's more detailed reading material: http://www.google.com/custom?cof=AH%...cid&sa2=Search Good luck, Ray PS Intense physical activity would definitely help as well.
I just saw this thread and wanted to share the best info on "leaky gut" that I've ever seen. This is the intestinal syndrome that allows the food sensitivities. http://www.healthy.net/scr/article.asp?ID=425 The info is not biased, and I found this striking though not surprising: "A single dose of bacterial endotoxin, administered by injection, increases the gut permeability of healthy humans [87]" The vaxes may not be all the issues, but they easily get the...
...I'm glad that this thread inspired you. The degree to which your wife's GI flora is able to colonize your son is a question that I think no one has the answer to. Any conventional meats in the house will bring antibiotics with them to some degree. Other problematic aspects of modern diets have profound,deleterious effects on our GI flora. Although I don't have the proof, lately I've been thinking that any disturbance to the GI flora at any time in a human...
All probiotics are NOT created equally. In addition, L.acidophilus is just one of many that need to be replaced after antibiotics. I culture probiotic yogurt and have experimented with a number of brands. If they don't culture they're dead. This is the case with a suprising number-- even the ones that are refrigerated. For any illness we use Cod liver oil, Rose hip/Vit.C powder, and ample probiotic yogurts. Two different types: Jarrodophilus and Ethical Nutrients...
I'm posting since what we're doing is working. My son is 3, still nursing, and no cavities. I brush his teeth once a day before bed, but he usually nurses a bit before going to sleep. I would say no extra fluoride. If you have used any babyfood, there is filtered municipal water in there that will have some. I think the dangers of too much outweigh those of too little. Our saliva is extremely important in controlling the bacteria in our mouths. secretory Iga is...