or Connect

Posts by superfastreader

Quote: Originally Posted by sarmis35 Thanks superfastreader. I guess I just have this feeling that weaning will be so traumatic for my dd. She is still so attached to the num-nums. But perhaps I am underestimating her. Glad it went so smoothly for your dd and you still have time for her to forget. My DD looooooooooved her meemee. I had the same fears that you did. But she gave it up so easily! We nightweaned her at 2 and then cut out all day...
I weaned last week, right before I hit 30 weeks. I just couldn't take it anymore and was never really committed to tandeming. She said goodbye to the meemees and got one nice last nurse, and now accepts it when I tell her that they are empty. I am so happy that it happened and that it went so well and that I now have about 10wks for her to "forget" so that she won't freak when she sees the new baby nursing. We had to give up the nap as well, but that ended up being...
Quote: Originally Posted by nervousnelle Really? I recently read a review on Amazon that the Target nursing tanks give the "uniboob" effect and aren't very supportive. But you don't think so? I'm worried about that because I'm already 36-38DD right now at ~31 weeks. Pre-pregnancy I was 34C. My milk (colostrum?) is already making (fairly unwelcome) appearances, especially at the mall near crying newborns, and I feel my breasts getting more and...
consider going to your local LLL meeting now, before the baby comes. you can learn so much and also make some good connections for post-partum support. i love target nursing tanks! they are cheap and comfortable and great for wearing to bed. some babies sleep a lot, some babies want to be held all the time. so you may find yourself with a lot of time on your hands to do stuff around the house, or you may have trouble having a hand free. i was told babies slept...
Quote: Originally Posted by mrscunning14 I second, third and fourth Randi!! She is awesome! I saw her throughout my whole pregnancy and still see her about every six weeks. She is fantastic! Another for Randi! I saw her for severe sciatica in my first pregnancy & have seen her a few times with this one. She is wonderful & a great cheerleader for moms.
I wasn't planning to tandem, but while I was able to nightwean & cut out almost all of the daytime nursing, DD still needs to nurse to nap. I was hoping to get her to nap w/o nursing, but nothing worked. So now I'm just going to roll with it. I think she will wean & drop her nap at the same time, so I'd like to prolong that as long as possible. I am just not sure how logistically I will nurse DD for her nap & deal with my newborn, though. We snuggle under the covers...
DD will be 2y8mo when this one arrives, and I fear for our lives if I don't get her out on a regular basis. Our park is a 1.5mi walk away so hopefully by at least 2-3wks pp I'll be able to make the trek. Once there I can sit down and my friends will make sure DD doesn't get into too much trouble. I'm getting a Kangaroo Korner mesh pouch for wearing #2.
I totally know what you mean. Felt that way with DD, feel that now with this one. And DD had hiccups all.the.time and it drove me crazy!
I never knew if I was having BH in my pregnancy with DD, because all they feel like to me is a breathless tightening that's very mild. I started getting them this week and the only reason I recognized them was because I recognized the feeling from the night I went into labor. I never had early labor with DD & things went really fast but I have no idea if the BH contributed anything or not. Mine are so mild I just ignore them.
even though I WAHM, my DH earns the bulk of our income so that I can stay home with DD. his work is physically demanding and he keeps odd hours. i would never wake him up unless we had already planned on him getting up at a certain time. he's a grown man who works hard for all 3 (soon 4) of us and deserves to sleep as much as his body requires. if he were staying up all night playing video games or chatting in message boards then i'd feel differently. but he's...