or Connect

Posts by superfastreader

Quote: Originally Posted by whozeyermamma Glad you spun this off into a separate thread! I'm a freelance writer who WAM. When DD was 1 I started worked during naps and at night. I do make calls, which is really rough. (I remember interviewing this really important scientist one day while DD was barking and pretending to be a dog, chasing the cat around the kitchen. Once DD was about 2, my saving grace was finding friends and doing child care swaps...
do a search on LACTNET--I remember a few months ago there was speculation that the excess lipase in some mothers' milk was coming from DHA supplements the mothers were taking, which contain lipase.
So true, savithny! I took gymnastics and participated on the swim team, took ballet and tap and modern dance, rode horses and bikes and rolled down hills. All thanks to the glasses (and later contact lenses) that helped me see where I was going!
I just really object to the use of quotes around "need." It's like saying that someone without an arm has a "need" for help picking up a large object. It's offensive to people with disabilities to use those quotation remarks.
Quote: Originally Posted by WuWei Consider Take Off Your Glasses and See. I have friends who have done the eye exercises and resolved their "need" for glasses. The exercises can be done by children or adults. This can be started at any age. Pat My need isn't a "need." I am legally blind without them. Would you tell someone with a spinal cord injury that they only have a "need" for a wheelchair? Trust me, I could be killed if I went...
Quote: Originally Posted by talk de jour Sounds to me like he did explain what was going on, and the OP didn't ask further questions due to her own reluctance. JMO I guess it would be hard to imagine if you have never had vision problems. I was always told to expect my nearsightedness to get worse with age, and it did. It didn't stop me from wearing my glasses or contacts because I needed them to see properly. The two issues--needing...
I've had glasses since I was 7 and I can't come up with any instance in which I would have benefited from not having glasses. Being able to read, walk down the street, see people's faces, make eye contact, ski, cook, write, play piano, drive--um, basically everything in my life was possible because I got glasses when I needed them. I had no idea I was having troubles until I got the glasses and was like, "Wow! There are words on that chalkboard!" I can't imagine what I...
Quote: Originally Posted by Shachar613 OP, if $ is not an issue, I say look at strollers that are reversible, so baby can face you. Those are usually the pricier ones, like the Quinny and Bugaboos. It is just so nice to be able to talk to and see your baby/toddler on a walk. Personally, I found that when my DD faced away from me, I was much less likely to talk and interact with her -- it's just kind of awkward to interact with someone when you can't see...
I gained about 65lbs with DD and lost it all by the time she was 9 months old--even lost about 5lbs more. DD was only 7lbs 5oz and I didn't get GD or anything like that. So far I'm 19wks and have gained about 15lbs, so I think I will end up gaining less this time. Of course, this time around I am chasing a 2 year old so I'm way more active than I was the first time. But both times I have eaten about 75% healthy and 25% crap. I am just not going to beat myself up...
Welcome!! I'm having a homebirth in Queens. Who's your midwife? (I'm using Kristen Leonard. I had Miriam for my first HB but she's out of town in July. But I love Kristen already!)