or Connect

Posts by superfastreader

very excited to be 12 weeks over here! nausea has passed, and I'm FAMISHED!
wow--lots of skinny minnies here! i started out at 171, 5'7". am now 175 at 12 weeks. i feel pretty good about that. i can't remember my weight gain patterns from my first pregnancy, though. i gained about 65lbs but don't know when most of that happened b/c i stopped weighing myself when i crossed 200. (with my midwife's blessing--i passed my gbs test.) am hoping not to gain as much this time--would be happy with 40. i really hope that i can slow down my...
I hated being pregnant with DD--I had awful sciatica from 26 weeks onward, gained 65lbs, was in constant pain, insomnia, etc. I definitely don't love being pregnant this time but am not letting myself give into "hate" feelings this early
I've had a couple of glasses of wine so far--one each on Thanksgiving, wedding anniversary, celebration with friends. I'll probably have one on Christmas, too. I just bought & ate some Camembert today b/c it was made with pasteurized milk. I eat hot dogs. I only eat cooked sushi b/c I've gotten food poisoning from NYC restaurants enough times that I just don't want to risk it. I don't eat lunch meat, mainly b/c I don't want it. With DD I craved tuna...
I got it. I was scared to death about it, but for me, I felt like if I didn't get it & then got swine flu & had serious complications, I'd blame myself. Whereas if I got the vax & something terrible happened, I could blame the CDC On a serious note, I am very crunchy in many ways, but all my research into vaccines, looking at both sides, made me decide that I fear vaccine preventable diseases more than the vaccines. I don't like the aggressive schedule, though, so we...
holding her over the potty worked until she got mobile around 11mo. then she wanted to do her own thing. she would literally scream when i offered the potty. i backed off but was never able to get her back on the potty. i tried everything in the potty strike threads on the EC board. i really do hope that people realize that toddlerhood really throws a wrench into EC. a baby who was really into it may turn pottying into a control issue, which is what happened with...
I didn't have it with DD, but have had 2 episodes so far. Anyone else? Is it a first tri thing or am I in for the long haul? What remedies work?
we didn't find out last time & won't this time. i want to but it's the one thing that DH feels strongly about. and he's right that it's fun to find out in the moment i want another girl and he wants a boy. i'll be happy either way, of course!
I have a bunch of friends IRL who EC and it's been great for them. I tried it with DD starting at 4mo and we had a lot of fun with it until she went on a potty strike around 11mo. I kept trying with her, but gave up completely (put the potty away) around 14mo when I realized that I was pushing her and that she was pushing back and that we were both miserable. Once I put the potty away things brightened for us. I am trusting that the early EC that we did will help when...
I just nightweaned DD (2yo) and she was a total boob fiend It went really, really well. My supply had tanked so she was already crying at night about it, so we just explained to her that the mee mee goes night night and wakes up with the sun. She is now STTN very easily and lets me rock/sing her to sleep, which I honestly feel kind of about b/c it's so cuddly and sweet. My milk is also disappearing during the day. I do want her to wean during the pregnancy but I'm...