or Connect

Posts by heathereyles

Thanks for the replies! I actually found a pro-breastfeeding, non-circing, non-vax friendly ped in Chattanooga that many people seem very happy with - Dr. Tom Voychehovski.  Thanks!  What part of N GA are you in, MYTWOMONKIES?  My husband will be working in Rossville, not sure yet where we'll be living.
Hi!  We'll be moving to NW GA in about a month and I'm looking for a non-vax friendly ped for my 3.5 and 1.5 year olds.  Anywhere north of Calhoun and west of Blue Ridge would be prime for us.  Thank you so much and I can't wait to meet some like-minded GA mommas!   Heather
My good friend is tandem nursing 4-week-old twins. I'd love to reward her efforts with a really good nursing bra. Does anyone know of a store where she could get a good fitting and good selection in the Webster/Clear Lake/South side area? Thanks!
Is anyone reconsidering a hospital birth now that we're in a "national emergency". I'm considering switching to a homebirth since walking into a hospital now kinda feels like voluntarily walking into the lion's den. In case you're not familiar with what powers are afforded to government in a national emergency, here's a document from the Department of State: http://fpc.state.gov/documents/organization/6216.pdf
We ended up going with Monte Stavis after doing some research online. We are really pleased. We have had one appointment and he was definitely not "surgery happy" which is what we were looking for. Our son was diagnosed with exotropia, which is a form of strabismus. We patch his good eye for 1.5 hours/day so that he'll use the 'bad' eye more and loosen the muscles. (His muscles are too tight and pull his eye outward). He was also diagnosed as slightly nearsighted...
Hello, This is my first post in this forum, and I hope I'm in the right place I have a 22-month-old son and our second is due in January. EVERYONE I know with a pre-schooler is doing Mother's Day Out or some other type of away-from-home program. I don't know if it's my son's age or the fact that #2 is on the way, but lately I've been asked by many people if my son will be going to Mother's Day Out. For many reasons, I just don't think it's for him or us as a family. ...
Quote: Originally Posted by anewmama It has nothing to do with the president I don't think. Given the way the anti-terrorists laws are written, the power of WHO and the CDC, it is ultimately up to THEM what will happen. If the president wants to change those laws, then he could instigate that. But I seriously doubt at this point that ANY president is about to re-write the anti-terrorism laws. It would be political suicide. And much of the mandatory...
Does anyone have any experience with a pediatric opthamologist in Houston? My 20-month-old has recently (within the past two months) stopped focusing on what he's looking at. For example, when he's looking at me his focus is slightly to my left much of the time. It's both eyes, although my husband says that he first noticed it when he was taking his picture and he thinks during those times only one eye is wandering. Anyway, we're calling his ped on Monday to get an...
I just had to respond because I've had some very recent success with this. 18 month old DS has been waking as often as every 30 minutes all night long his entire life. He had never even come close to STTN. My body was barely holding on. Well, just when I thought my body was too tired to possibly become pregnant, lo and behold, I found out the day before Mother's Day that number 2 is on the way! I had no intention of changing anything about my son's sleeping until...
We just found out we're expecting #2. I'm wondering if any of you have put a FF Britax Marathon in a Hyundai Sonata with a RF SnugRide infant seat? We need to get the SnugRide out soon to see if it will fit, but just curious to see if any of you have done it? Tips? Thanks! Heather