or Connect

Posts by Jessica17

I get the "are you babysitting" a lot, which is quickly followed by my "only crackheads take this many babysat kids in public" (I have four, preggo with five), then they say "so all these are yours" making the "these" sound like my kids are small rodents I forgot to put on leashes. Sigh. People are so weird. I think more than the size of my family is the fact that I'm 27 but I look 15, so they're probably bitter about the idea of supporting me with their taxes. Hahaha....
I hope this doesn't sound insensitive at all, sometimes I can't quite say things the right way. I just wanted to say that from the "Moms of Many" support thread and this thread that you sound like a wonderful mother and that you are obviously still trying to do what's best for your little baby despite your own expectations and uncertainty I'm sure you are going through. I find your strength inspiring, and you are a perfect example of the pureness and resilience of...
Yeah, I know it sounds really strange to not know. It's an odd story, really. I did some research after I found out to figure out why there was confusion and I found some interesting facts. Apparently, soy can cause a false positive on the Rh blood test, which I was a 9 year vegetarian when my first son was born, so they thought I was A+ and told me so. I had a different midwife for my other three, and I told her I was A+, so I don't know if she even tested my blood...
Angel Bee, we also use math u see. I went for a different big ol' curriculum this year and tried something new for my oldest who's in fourth now. The company is Winter Promise and I bought the 'Adventures in Sea and Sky.' It's kind of like Five in a Row for older kids, which we used for three years. So far we love it!
My problem isn't planning for a rhogam shot for a next baby. This is my last baby, and I refused rhogam with the number four. I didn't even know I was RH- until my fourth pregancy, so I've not had problems before. I'm just nervous about homebirth anyway, since it's my first. I just wondered if anyone else had my issue and had not had rhogam, and wasn't planning to, and still delivered successfully at home. Thanks ladies! You have all been so helpful and loving! ...
Reasons why I can't/won't/don't exercise: 1. I have three boys who laugh hysterically at me. 2. Can't deal with questions from the four year old such as "Why are you trying to fly?" while he is laughing at me. 3. A two year old who sits on my head during yoga. 4. I have to stop to: wipe someone's butt, break up a fight, get someone lunch. 5. They want to join me, and I can't quit laughing either. If I could tie them all down with rope, put on some...
I am 14 weeks 2 days!
how 'bout aiyana jude or julien?
I love Jude! I thought about using it, but my mother in law is named Judy. Grrrr. I didn't want her to think we were naming the baby after her. My friend's little boy is named Quinn, which is REALLY cutie since the mother is a red headed Irish descent and the dad is African American. He's adorable with his brown skin and red hair!
You guys are great! I just talked to a friend of mine today who has delivered 6 babies at home and she is RH- and her mother delivered nine with the same thing! I was so encouraged! Rhogam is useless unless administered within 72 hours after mixing blood with Rh + baby, so getting it at 28 weeks is useless. I've never had it. They didn't even know I was negative until I was pregnant with baby #4, which is odd. Oh well. And yes, I'm planning on having a midwife. I...