or Connect

Posts by labortrials

Doula - YES!  (Even though I'm birthing at home, I'm still gonna have a doula!) Chiro - YES!   Other recs thus far - YES YES!!!   Regarding a chiro - you need someone who is trained in 'dealing with' pregnant women.  Usually they are trained in Webster Technique and/or Bagnell.  Often you find them through the ICPA, the pediatric chiro website.  My chiro is amazing!!!  Not only does he do the usual pregnancy adjustments but also he adjusts my pubis symphysis...
I'd say your chances of a VBA2C are pretty good if you make it to term since your 1st was crowning before you were put under.  If you hadn't been medically over-managed that first time then you'd probably not even be here wondering what to do.  In some areas VBA2C is treated as a viable choice; in other places VBA2C is not presented as an option.   In my case, I was told no doc would 'allow' me to VBA2C.  That was ok b/c HBA2C was an option for me.  I was planning on...
I recommend joining the ICAN list on Yahoo groups.  Seriously I get more from that group than anything!  Also, your local ICAN group can be helpful in identifying the best care providers who really WILL support your birth choices (not just say they will now and then start chipping away at you in the 3rd trimester).   I'm not a super 'touchy feely birthy' type, but this time around "Birthing from Within" ended up really helping me.  I even did some of the birth art...
Thanks gals.  The OB was like a different person this week.  Instead of a 'big baby' I have 'not a big baby.'  Everything looks good.  No doom & gloom this week.  WTF Jeckyll & Hyde!!!!  Thankfully I can't arrange any daycare for my kids this next Thursday, so I'll have to cancel or postpone the next appointment.  One of my BFs (not a homebirther at all) and my DH really don't see why I'm bothering going to these appts at all.  I'm just taking it day by day and week by...
Really??  I didn't know those would be part of the stats.   Honestly, for a VBA1C, there are larger statistically likely 'emergencies' that have nothing to do with VBAC that every childbearing woman face whether they know it or not.  The risk for an un-induced, un-augmented, un-anesthetized VBACer to rupture is really quite low, not much elevated from a non-scarred mom.  It's if/when you start having 2ndary fertility issues or want to have more kids and are tired of...
I think 'consistent' moderation is key.  At times, MDC moderators go 'thread-lock loco!"  Threads will be closed for review and never re-opened or officially shut down / deleted.  Now we have the complete opposite situation.  I've all but left MDC's forums as of late.  I'm 38 weeks pregnant and find the environment THREATENING to my preparations for a homebirth after two cesareans.  How can that BE?!!!!  MDC has a serious troll problem to boot.   I think we have to...
Satchie, I somehow missed your update as well.  FANTASTIC!   This thread was a great thing for me to (re)read tonight as I have a 38w appt tomorrow.  Last week's appointment was pretty rough and I was ready to drop OB care afterwards, so . . . we'll see.  My OB has agreed to babysit my ill-advised VBA2C but is otherwise not supportive.  And I switched to him at 31 weeks, because at least he wasn't telling me 'no.'  However, he's chipping away at me.  Same thing with...
I somehow fell behind on this thread.  Glad a few peeps re-invigorated the discussion!!  How you doin', seili!!??   Great stuff.  Totally resonates with me, and the whole 'risks no matter what I decide' is something my awesome hubby keeps reminding me.  I can find stuff to back up or dispute just about every cotton pickin' aspect of my upcoming birth.   If only it were that simple then we women wouldn't have to deal with those pesky vaginal births at all.  Actually, you...
Maybe try to find the product info, not from HD, but from the maker of the faucet (it's pretty, BTW).  See if there are clues there for getting off that aerator!  =(  Otherwise, I have no idea . . . I need to do a test run myself.
Awww, congrats.  Fantastic news!  Thanks for taking the time to share - you've been a SUPER BUSY mama.  Hope you can get some rest now . . .