or Connect

Posts by AquariusHome

This too.  I have things I would like to do before I get too old beyond mothering.  Like a triathalon someday.... So do I hurry up and try to do some of those things now and then TTC, or put them off for a few more years?   BTW, Natalie, I'm a LLL leader in IL as well. 
Sigh...  So nice to meet other mamas in a similar place.  My closest friends (who are the only ones I've admitted this lunacy to) are amused by me and feel no similar angst.  They are done and they are okay with it.  Except for one who is trying to come to peace with being done after 1 because of infertility.  It feels cruel to talk with her about this.      Patti - I can very much relate to that feeling that your body just isn't handling pregnancy and birth as...
I wanted to add that if anyone has dealt with similar concerns I would love to hear your thoughts or how you reconciled them.
Here's mine:  I have 3 awesome kids.  When DH and I first were married we said we wanted 2 or 3.  Then when we had 2 we said "if we go for 3 we should plan to have 4".  Well, #3 was a surprise so we never really made that decision.  And when she was born she was diagnosed with a chromosomal abnormality that we had never heard of and brought with it a lot of health concerns.  Also that pregnancy was very difficult on me physically.  It took a long time to get my health...
Bumping..   Anyone have any ideas?  I suggested detox tea and kombucha.  Any other ideas for things that would help clear the anesthesia?
My good friend's little girl (age 4) has recently undergone 4 surgeries under general anesthesia and 1 procedure under sedation for a broken arm.  I'm looking for some good ideas to support this little girl in her arm healing (her body seems to be freaking out a bit and over-reacting with swelling which led to the most recent surgeries) and also overall body detox from all the anesthesia.  Anyone have suggestions?   I should add that 3 of these surgeries have been in...
Interesting... I had considered implecating the Wimpy Kid books in our search for something to blame it on too.    We got an appointment with local expert in gifted psychology but its not for 6 more weeks.  Better than nothing - we've been on the waiting list for over a year and a half and I thought maybe we were forgotten so I'm thankful for an appointment at least.    Any thoughts on the making up of stories?  How much should I be concerned about this?  Today he told me...
Thanks for the reminder, Tigerle.  The system is so complex that it can take some time to try to figure out what's causing things to be off.  After reading your post and doing some thinking I realized how much is in chaos right now.  The boys room is being painted/ carpeted/ etc so everyone is crashed out in DD's room.  DS2 is sleeping on a matress on the floor.  No one can find anything because its all in shambles.  DH and I spend all of our free time trying to get the...
Maybe.  Its so hard to know.  We've been making excuses for him for awhile and probably letting things slide more than we should have because he has had some health issues that we blamed the behaviors on.  But I think we've corrected the health issues now.  The negative behavior ebbs and flows.    I had called a local psychologist who is an expert in working with gifted kids.  I called in the spring of DS1's 2nd grad year because we were frustrated with some of his...
I'm leaning today toward trying to make private school work for just this year.  My experience with DS1 is that, like was mentioned earlier, 2nd grade seems to be somewhat of a "catch up" year where the goal is to make sure everyone has the basics down.  For the kids who already have it down I didn't see much being added other than more difficulty to concepts that were already taught last year (i.e. harder 2 digit addition and subtraction).  I don't know that things...