or Connect

Posts by AquariusHome

It seems to be the unanimous idea.    To be honest, the idea of grade skipping hadn't occured to me at all when I was mulling this over the past few days.  After reading the responses my first thought was "what a great idea!"  And then I remembered that we had discussed it with the 1st grade teacher last year and she strongly advised against it because the group of kids in DS2's grade at school are a particularly kind hearted, thoughtful group and apparently the...
I have 2 boys in public school, grades 2 and 4.  I have posted in the past about my oldest son who was identified by his kindergarten teacher as being significant above her other students in terms of what he was ready to learn.  She pulled us in for a conference the first quarter of kindergarten and asked if we wanted to accelerate him to 1st grade.  Our feeling at the time was that it didn't really fix the issue - he is just a quick learner and would be the same whether...
Thanks. 
My soon to be 8yr old has been GF off and on for about a yr and a 1/2, but exclusively since January.  We started off calling it a "trial" but it now appears that he will likely get a full dx of Celiac, or if not that he will at least be GF long-term.  He is not really appreciating the change from "trial" to "forever" very well right now.  It would be really nice for him to have someone else he could  meet, preferaby another boy around his age, who knows what it is like...
My 4 3/4 yr old has a lisp.  Speech therapy at school isn't worred - she is only 4 and they don't worry about lisps until 7 or 8 or so.  However, I'm pretty sure it is because of her structural issues.  She has a lateral crossbite -- jaw shifts most of the time to the R side.  Since birth she has had assymetrical motor function but has gotten only limited therapy for it because she has never been enough delayed to qualify.  Also has a very high and narrow palate.  The...
Thanks for the perspective Patti. 
DS2 was conceived on day 14.  DD was day 6 of my cycle and I ovulated around day 14.  So clearly it held true for us.   
DH and I are having an ongoing debate.  The question is basically theoretical, since our finances are preventing us from really considering baby  #4 right now.  Can adding baby #4 bring balance back to the force?  DH and I are both from families of 3 and in both cases the middle child struggled at finding his place and feeling like he fit in.  I see the same struggle going on with my middle guy and it breaks my heart.  My theory is that baby #4 gives DS2 someone to have...
I can relate, although for me it isn't exactly health reasons.  I have 3 great kids.  Baby #1 was the only planned pg - after that we kept saying "not sure if we want more" and then the decision was made for us.  After #2 DH and I both agreed if we had #3 we should plan on 4, since we were both from families of 3 where the middle one really struggled.  Well #3 was a big surprise and not at a time when we were ready for more.  Add to that the fact that she was born with a...
Your story sounds a lot like a mom I met last week over on celiac.  I wonder if we've bumped into each other before.    Good luck with the thyroid thing.  Yes, very frustrating.  It would be nice if these kids came with more specific instructions.   I'm hoping to get the docs actual recommendations one of these days ( I guess that's the price you pay for going to the guys doing the research and traveling around to conferences and whatnot - hard to nail them down...