or Connect

Posts by AquariusHome

Yes, I saw that.  I was hoping to get the full article but didn't want to pay $35 or something like that when I was looking for it.   Dr. Fasano is not the doc we're seeing.  I had called to make an appt with him and his nutritionist suggested the Chicago CDC which is much closer for us so we went there at her recommendation.   We haven't done the gene testing.    Its strange, because all the doctors we've talked to (the 2 GIs and our pediatrician) say the elevated...
Thanks!.  Yes, everything else seems fine.  I don't think its a lab error.  There have been 4 or 5 different TTGs over the course of the past year and 2 different labs involved.  I've been over on celiac.com but they are all convinced its gluten, and maybe it is.  But if the celiac expert went from being 70% convinced to deciding maybe milk is actually the problem I'm feeling the need to consider other options.
He was never off gluten before the scope.  We did the scope a year ago at the same time as the initial discovery of an elevated TTG.   The celiac doc initially said he thought it was about a 70% chance that he would diagnose my son with celiac.  I haven't gotten his official final recommendations yet, but he wrote a letter to my pedi saying that if the re-examination of the scope and the additional blood work he did didn't show anything that his next thought would be...
Hi all.  I haven't been to this board for a long time.  I used to post about my baby girl with multiple food sensitivies.  Now I'm trying to figure out my 7 yr old son and could use some other brains working on it.   Here's the back story (sorry it is so long, but its been a long journey):   Developed green musousy diarrhea within a few weeks of birth and by 2 months was having streaks of blood periodically.  Went to pediatrician who said it was certainly some...
Great ideas!  Thanks to you both.  I hadn't thought of books on tape.  I'll have to try that.  We had another really grouchy morning today after trying for an hour to get him to sleep last night so I'm highly motivated!
Thanks for your reply.  I love that my kids love to cuddle still! 
2 of my children were nursed until preschool age.  Both have now weaned from nursing but continue to be drawn to my breasts for comfort.  My youngest (age 4) holds her own nipples as a comfort measure when she is stressed, and wants to rub my breasts (over a shirt) early in the morning as she is waking up or at times when she is stressed and I am nearby.  My older guy (age 7) is very tactile in nature and puts his hand on my shoulder, neck, or upper chest (skin on...
Looking for thoughts and ideas of how to help my 7 yr old DS get settled at bedtime.  He's a high energy kid as a general rule, though not to the extent that he would qualify for any formal diagnosis or it is really a "problem", except at bedtime.  He winds up while we're trying to get everyone settled down.  Sometimes we can get him to lie down and read in his bed but he does not fall asleep for hours.  After I get the other kids settled in their beds I will go into his...
I'm so sorry you are dealing with this.  And I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to respond until now - I was out of town and could read but not really respond on my phone.   At what age do you expect him to qualify for a transplant?    I remember considering the whole vax thing in relation to the possibility of post-transplant anti-rejection meds.  I remember thinking how every time I think I know how I feel about something a situation comes along to challenge my...
Hi to both of you.  My daughter is not in kidney failure right now.  She has Multicystic Dysplastic Kidney on the right so that kidney is totally nonfunctional.  She also had, when she was younger, Renal Tubular Acidosis.  Now at age 4 her body has compensated pretty well for the RTA so she no longer needs meds for that.  When she was 2 1/2 her renal ultrasound showed cysts in the left kidney and we were told it would be a matter of time before that kidney also failed. ...