or Connect

Posts by AquariusHome

I haven't been here for ages and just stopped by to browse and ran across your post.  So sorry to hear things are still rough.  I have nothing but hugs and positive energy to send your way.  I hope you figure it out soon. 
Thanks for the link, JMJ.  I have suspected Magnesium deficiency before, but thought things were better lately.  But then things crash for a week or 2.  Will have to read more of this blog...   cameragirl - I have been blaming the neck issues for the migraines for awhile.  I went to a chiro one time when I was having a migraine thinking that would help and she said she thought it was more likely hormones triggering things.  Things were better after an adjustment but...
5 years ago or so I went through a period where I was getting intense migraines - complete with nausea, light sensitivity, etc.  Over the past 5 years I've figured out I can't have anything with caffeine in it (even decaf coffee or tea) except maybe a little chocolate - but not too much.  I also can't have red wine.  If I'm good about avoiding these things I don't have full blown migraines anymore.  But I still get headaches with a typical pattern.  It starts with my...
Hopefully this is an easy question - Just wondering how to determine how much fluid my child needs.  She has some kidney issues, so I know she needs on the upper end of the normal range for her age/ size.  Up until recently we've worked it out that I give her drinks when she asks for them and sometimes offer if she isn't asking and that has seemed to be fine.  But twice now in the past week she has gotten very dehydrated so I think I need to establish a fluid routine and...
Thanks for the tips everyone.  I stopped by Borders going out of business sale to look at Rosetta Stone - the only option they had was Lessons 1, 2, and 3 for $500+.  We're not quite that committed at this point.  Will have to check out the other options and / or see about just lesson 1.
Maybe this would be better placed in the homeschooling forum but I thought I'd try here first since I'm really not a homeschooler...   DS is now entering 3rd grade and basically is not getting any support for gifted ed.  So I had the thought that he might like to learn another language as a kind of self study activity and he likes the idea.  He is thinking Japanese or Spanish.  Any thoughts on good curriculum for this age?
The nurse at the pediatrician's office thought it was nothing to be concerned about.  Possibly post-nasal drip or something else harmless.  Hmmm...  
I noticed white streaks on 3 yr old DD's tonsils today.  She hasn't been acting sick, no recent fevers, no friends or family with a recent case of tonsilitis.   However, she has been walking around with her fingers stuck way far back in her mouth a lot over the past week or so - not something she had done prior to recently.  When I ask her about it she doesn't have an answer.  Until today after I noticed the white streaks and I was pressing her about whether her...
 Right.  True.    There is more iron in meat than veggies, but some question as to what form is most bioavailable.  Breastmilk, for example, has very little iron but is super absorbable.   So there is some evidence that iron might be better absorbed from veggies than meat.  In our experience when he was little DS didn't seem to absorb the iron in supplements or in the meats - he had kind of plateued for awhile - but once we added the juice plus there was a significant...
Good point.