or Connect

Posts by AquariusHome

We cross posted.  Thanks for your input, PB.  I really appreciate it.  Yes, my understanding from what he has said so far is that he would not recommend eliminating gluten unless the scope shows damage that is consistent with CD.  He has given us the option, in light of the elevated tTG, that we could just do the endoscopy for now.  But if that comes back negative he would still want to do a colonoscopy later to check for other things.(Crohns, etc) so we're thinking...
So from what I'm reading it seems you could have an elevated tTG if there was some other autoimmune issue instead of CD (Type I diabetes or RA for example).  Here is a list of his "symptoms":  recurrent mild anemia, damaged tooth enamel, borderline constipation, bedwetting, tendency to have melt downs around meals and at bedtime, high energy level and difficulty with maintaining attention (subclinical ADHD I would say), cold hands and feet.   Does anything else...
No, we're doing the scope.  I guess what I'm wondering is what could cause an elevated tTG if the scope doesn't show CD?  Is the tTG something that could randomly go up and down, or respond to some other intervention besides eliminating gluten?  I'm not clear on what the blood test is measuring and what an elevated level means.  So I'm trying to reason through whether it is prudent to eliminate gluten even if the scope doesn't show anything because the GI does not seem...
His tTG was 48 yesterday, with a high end of normal of 20.  Scope to come....   The GI says there is only a 10-15% chance he is positive on biopsy.  I guess I will wait to cross that bridge if we get to it, but what do you do with that scenario?
Thought I'd post an update since we're a week out now.  DD has fussed once in awhile for her nummies over the past week but all in all I would say it has gone better than expected.  We've had a few conversations where she expresses her disappointment - mostly about there being soy in the nummies.  She wants to know how that happened and what can be done to get the soy out of her nummies.  But when the conversation changes to her being a big girl and not needing nummies...
Bumping this up again.  DD (age 3) has been getting ST since Sept (again) for her poor tongue coordination, which we think it the reason she doesn't eat well and isn't growing well even on HGH injections.  Basically the theory is that she knows she can't handle many textures of foods so she avoids them.   The ST has made great progress but even with V-stim and lots of exercises in weekly therapy she really cannot bring the tip of her tongue down at all (as in to lick...
The last time he was anemic we did a stool test looking for blood and the mainstream bacterial things - Campylobactor, Salmonella, etc.  Everything was negative.  Going back to the last time we saw GI (which was at age 2 or earlier) he had run a bunch of blood tests looking at things and also the stool cultures for bacteria.  I don't even know what all he was tested for then.  He has never had any imaging of any sort  and I have not taken him to a holistic practitioner,...
Also, thinking about where to go with the GI.  When we last saw him he had run pretty much every test he thought was appropriate short of a colonoscopy which he didn't feel would reveal much useful information.  If we pick up where we left off basically I'm thinking the colonoscopy question will come up again.  Would damage be visible on a scope if GI symptoms are mild like in DS2's case?  Assuming malabsorption is the problem I'm wondering if a scope is worthwhile to...
BTW, Kathy, we live in central Illinois so Lyme disease is a possibility but not one that I had considered previously.  Interesting.   Also to everyone please excuse the typos.  Every time I sit down DD has been immediately finding me to NAK.  Weaning today though so hopefully the typos improve. Thanks for your perspective.  I appreciate the tip about the GAPS diet and I'm looking in to that, along with the theory of heavy metal toxicity.  The low stomach acid thing is...
Fussed for 20 min in the night when she came to our bed at 2, then fell asleep.  Woke at 7 with a low-grade fever.    How's that for timing?