or Connect

Posts by cdmommie

I agree that selective vaccination is a good option for your family to keep your son safe. We took some time off of vaxing to research our options and look at the pros and cons. in the end we decided that several vaccines are important to us. We don't do the flu shot, however for your son I think that would be a very important one to start with. And the same goes for tdap. I say this because pertussis and flu are very prevalent and could be potentially life-threatening in...
Ever since AF returned after having DD2 it has been horribly painful and very heavy and has been steadily getting worse each month.  I'm at a point that I can't even function.  The OB gave me Naproxen to help with the pain but it is not doing the trick, not to mention I really don't feel comfortable taking it round the clock while nursing.   So, ANY ideas of how to get this under control? Any holistic pain relief for menstrual pain?
We don't lick people's faces... or arms... or HAIR!   My 3 year old just started licking people.  She licked my sisters face, arm, and hair yesterday at Christmas Lunch!  And she thinks the reaction is hilarious. 
We are in between, because we live in the city in an apartment complex.  We have to respect other tenants in regard to noise levels and total nudity outside.  However, if we were in the country I'm sure "free-ranging" is what we would do ;) We are fine with indoor nudity, and outside I make sure DD2 has on at least a diaper and DD1 has to wear a shirt and panties at minimum.  Floor food is always fair game, mud is the best, we live for puddles, ect.  And as far as...
Motherhood stole every ounce of "pretty" I ever had and gave me an extra 45 pounds of yuck.  I have tried to start the weight loss journey several times, but it just never happens.  I get a couple weeks into it and just give up.   So here I am, feeling I have hit rock bottom. Saggy, Jiggly, and a rats nest for hair.  NOW something has to happen.   So how do you stay "inspired"? How do you keep up your diet and fitness plan going with little ones under foot?  I...
I tandem nursed my kids from DD1 19 months old and DD2 newborn until DD1 was 33 months old and DD2 was 14 months old (although the last 3 months DD2 only nursed a total of about 5 times).  And not only would I do it again, I wish I had continued longer.  Their relationship was much better when they were both nursing.
I have been having the same issue while nursing DD (20 months old) and unless my husband's vasectomy failed, there's no way I'm pregnant.  Mine is actually due to a combination of endometriosis and a UTI.
for us, the more up to date on vaxes the person was, the less severe the sickness was.  I don't know if that is how it is for everyone, but for my family, that's what happened. 
I don't know if this will help you, but I can tell you what happened to us recently: My 3.5 yr old daughter was up to date on DTaP My 20 month old has had the first 3 rounds of DTaP (If I could do it over I would have made sure she had that 4th one on time) I had not had the booster, and neither had DH.  We had no idea we were supposed to have it. My sister had not had it and her daughter (18 months old)  was completely unvaxed.     My sister's daughter...
As a mother who just watched her little girl suffer through pertussis, I highly recommend having ALL household members and caregivers vaccinated for pertussis.  My daughter is one and a half and it was BAD, so I can't even imagine a newborn suffering though whooping cough. And it IS a real threat in the United States right now. There are several Vaxes that I don't believe are needed and some that I think are worth it, but at a delayed age.  However, pertussis is not one...