or Connect

Posts by cdmommie

Not that it is really even relavent to my questions, but I feel I should reply. I don't think saying everyone detests medicine is a fair statement because 1. I seriously doubt anyone here believe in and supports every single idea here on mothering, and 2. I am willing to bet 90% if not more the members here have used the benefits of modern medicine to either save their life (or their children's) or improve their quality of life (or their children's) on at least one...
Agree, agree, agree! Very well put.
Thanks for the replies. I absolutely want to go D.O.! That is my first choice. As for speciality, I would like to be an allergist. I honestly don't think I will ever feel good about myself if don't at least try, so I'm going to give it my all and trust God to help me juggle family and school/work. My kids won't be kids forever so I am hesitant to build my entire identity and career around them. I hope that doesn't come off as cold.
Is (or has) anyone here going to medical school with young children?  I am getting ready to apply to medical school.  I got my degree last year and decided to go ahead and take pre-req's for Medical School.  I had given up on it when I had DD1 because the transition into motherhood was anything but graceful.  Now that the girls are walking and talking and able to do a bit more for themselves I feel like I can do this.  However, the closer it gets the more scared I get....
I don't think anyone else even knows.  I decided to talk to my adoptive dad about it.  He has no contact with my mom or the rest of the family and he lives far away, so I figure there's not much chance of anyone else knowing from him.  He was very supportive and loving and even offered to help me find out who it really is if I wanted.  I told him I don't want to at this point. Anyway, he was pretty shocked too.  I don't think my (suspected) Bio-Dad has any idea either....
Thank you!!!
I have struggled with my paternal issues all my life.  My "biological father" as I used to refer to him was in and out of my life and eventually his second wife pushed me out of their life all together.  When I was 2, my mom had remarried and the man I call my Daddy adopted me when I turned 5 (and they divorced 7 yrs ago btw).  He was pretty amazing and loved me more than the world (is/does ;) )  In a discussion with my mom about the issues I have been having with the...
I am a SAHP for sure.... no homemaking in me, lol.  I try, and I try HARD, but homemaking is not my calling.  I do my best to keep the kitchen and living room clean and keep the toys picked up.... There's no talented decorator, cook or seamstress in me....but I'm a darn good Mommy  Children are my calling.   Heck, half the time I even end up paying $15 bucks to the laundry mat to fold my laundry so it doesn't end up in a pile for the next two weeks 
Also, I wanted to add that it does get better as the kids get a little older.  I LOVE taking the kids to the science museum, the zoo, the aquarium, the butterfly house, the library, ect ect ect!  They learn so much and it is so much fun for all of us.  There is no way they would get to have this many early experiences if I wasn't home.  When they are babies, they don't really "do" much I guess and there are fewer places to go with them.  So, hang in there, there will be...
There are times that I feel like I am wasting my time and my degree by being home.  But then I think (seriously) about where my kids would be and what they would be doing/learning if I were at work.  There is NO way I would sacrifice being able to be the one to teach them and raise them they way I feel is best just so I can use my degree.  And, honestly, I think my education is being better used right now, teaching my kids, than it could be anywhere else.     For me,...