or Connect

Posts by momtoafireteam

This is my biggest fear. Im so sorry that this happened to you. Thank you for sharing your experience with me. xxx
No. I have decided that in my case the better thing is to say absolutely nothing at all. I knew going in that it would never be 'allowed'. This is the only hospital in a 60-90min radius (I live in rural NC) and the most pro-VBAC one within 2-3 hrs. At this point my OB thinks I am going to have a RCS at the onset of labor and that I won't pre-consent to one or schedule one. She does know that I wish I didn't have to have a RCS and that I am very naturally minded in terms of...
I know I CAN refuse consent for a RCS and what that entails, but just wondering if anyone here has done it and how it went.    I am planning a VBAC in April and it will be *extremely* against the wishes, advice, judgement etc of my OB and the hospital. My OB does VBACs and my hospital doesn't have a ban, but I have many multiple c/s's and they are not willing to even discuss VBAMC.    At this point (25 weeks) I have made it clear I would have a VBAC if I could and...
I'm so sorry for your loss.
Awesome news treehugginmama!!! Congratulations!
They started testing nurses when the other NICU babies got pertussis. 
I just typed out a huge and emotional story but I just cant right now. But in short: my 4 week old preemie (born at 32 weeks so only 36 weeks gestation) contracted pertussis last year. We almost lost her, and I mean that in a very specific non-hyperbolic way. She stopped breathing and we did CPR on the side of the road until EMT turned up to resuscitate her.    She contracted it (as did two other babies in that NICU- neither of them my triplets) from a vaccinated NICU...
I am also RH-    I have never got the 28 week shot, *except* for my last pregnancy at 20 weeks because I had an amnio. It was triplets and one baby required two 'sticks' so it was four total. I did it then.    After my 5th child was born, I was in the throes of a dark and horrible post-birth trauma and denied postpartum rhogam because I was absolutely positive I would never have another baby. Five babies later, I strongly regret that choice. Thankfully I never...
I will have a 20 week anatomy scan because of some personal medical/ genetic history. But we wont find out the sex until the birth. :) 
Im not a UP'er but saw this on the main page and hope you dont mind me butting in.    After my twins I had a singleton who measured WAY ahead. Not only was she a big baby, but I also just felt bigger from very early (before I would have no matter how big the baby was, if that makes sense). She was born at 38 weeks and weighed 10lbs6ozs- absolutely no GD or anything. Just big roly poly baby.    I have since termed it my goldfish syndrome. They grow into the space they...