or Connect

Posts by dr.j

Could it be a food allergy? I'm not sure if this is true, but I remember my mom saying kids with milk allergies can be more prone to wet the bed. Not sure about this, but it might be worth looking into?
Thanks so much for all the feedback. I'll just keep bf'ing if/when he asks, and then see what happens. He hasn't asked so far today. I know I'm going to miss my little nursling. I will admit a part of me hopes he changes his mind, but then another part knows that he's growing up and if he has enough other ways to comfort himself, that's no little thing. I want to say a big thank you to all the mamas on these boards. I know I never would have bf'ed this long if I hadn't...
I've been nursing my son for 40 months, and I think he might be weaning. We've talked about how he could stop nursing when he felt ready, but I've only ever mentioned it and then not said anything more when he said he wasn't ready to stop. I've always said he can keep nursing as long he he wants, but that it's ok to stop when he feels ready. Last week, when we were talking, he said he was ready to stop. We talked about how if we stopped, my body would eventually stop...
Thanks!
I'm BFing my 3 year old son 2-3 times/day. Is it safe to take either Valerian root or melatonin? TIA
Thanks, Mamas! I was kind of leaning that way, but wasn't sure if that was a bad idea. He's actually been asking to nurse a lot less lately, and has even started unlatching and rolling over to fall asleep quite often.
My DS is currently nursing to go down for his naps. Last year, he went several months without nursing before his naps, and I'll admit the reason he nurses to sleep now is because it's easier for me. He's switching to full day preschool in the summer (when he turns 3), and his teacher (who's really supportve of EBF) recommended I try to work on cutting out the pre-nap nursing now so he won't have to deal with that and the transition from part-time (3 hours) to full-time (6...
Thanks for the replies. I decided to go with a Burley. I bought the Kidarooz and brought it home, but decided the Burley is worth the extra $. I might get a Solo instead of the D'lite, but think either of those would be a better option.
I've been debating between a Burley and the Kidarooz trailer they have at Costco. The main difference I can see online is that the Kidarooz wieghs 33lbs and the D'lite weighs 20lbs. I know the Kidarooz are made by Chariot, but that they're made in China rather than Canada. I plan to ride mostly on the bike paths in my neighborhood, probably 4 miles/day with my DS. I want a double, in case we end up having more DCs. I plan on using it for a few years. I read the...
My mom's friend has researched this as part of her job for over 10 years, and she said she hasn't found info that makes her think there is a definite link between EMFs and increased illnesses. In my gut, I believe it can't be great for you. But, there are a lot of factors that go into buying a home. Some of the most seemingly pristine, pollution-free places are actually worse than the ones that have a known possible threat. We went swimming in a beatiful lake, and it...