or Connect

Posts by Tashakittie

We take it in stride. We have some expensive toys, and even with an out of control 18 month old, we do our best to teach care. Our wooden kitchen has gotten plenty of paint splatters on one side, but it does look sweet. We do not purposely do art on our kitchen, but sometimes paint just flies. We live in a small space. It reminds me of the creativity that happens all over our home. We clean and polish our wooden toys, but life still happens. The more something gets...
If you are inspired to do these projects, and showcase them on your blog, do it! Do what you feel is best! I always love checking out new blogs, and new perspectives.
On the subject of bamboo, I live in the South, where our big supermarket is Publix. Every Publix I've been to in the past 2 years has a small bamboo goods section, with these lovely fish-shaped boards that I think would rock as breakfast boards. Not expensive either. But, answering your question, we do not use a breakfast board. Come to think of it though, my kids would probably love to, just for the novelty of something cool and different. So, I think I'll take my own...
Ask yourself: how much is it worth it to you? The formative years are so very important, but if paying for Waldorf ed. is going to take food out of your mouths, is it really worth it? I'm sure you wouldn't want to do conventional public schooling, but there are many people who just participate in the Waldorf community festivals, like supplemental. What goes on at home is also really important. It seems like it would fit perfectly with the lifestyle you have created, and...
What is MI Paste?
DH and I definitely differ on things. He loves a lot of Waldorf, but he is a very modern man, who is a graphic designer, and is entirely obsessed with technology. We, as a family, spend a great deal of time in nature, and it is part of our lives. TV, or at least movies and sports are not negotiable; DH is also obsessed with those. The compromise is that the movies and sports do not dictate our lives, and the kids do not accumulate all the pieces of plastic merchandise...
Thank you so much for this point of view. :-)
This is really awesome. I have been stressed and anxious about my ds's tooth situation for a while now. After a horrific dental experience, and being told that he would a multitude of fillings, extractions, and crowns I wondered how truthful, or trustworthy this dentist was. Seriously, 16 of his teeth were decayed that bad? It didn't seem to make sense to me. My parents, who come from a less industrialized nation, thought it was entirely nonsense- b/c the teeth are baby...
Building a sandbox is easy, cheap and fun- something he will not only play with all the time, but he can help build it. My sons have a sandbox that was bought for them- IMO it was too expensive, and it has become too small. We will probably build one for our patio. My boys, ages 4.5 and 1, play in it ALL THE TIME. A rope swing rocks, and having their own garden is lovely too.
That flicker page rocks. I am so inspired by all of that color!!!!!!! So gorgeous, and exactly what I needed! And, I must say, everything about Waldorf makes me want to be a kid again. And I must say, I see the world so differently since I've began to incorporate Waldorf into our lives at home. Thank you for the link!