or Connect

Posts by triana1326

I had lost almost 60 pounds after my DD was born using a shake, protein bar, shake, protein bar, meal, with fruits and veggies as snacks type of diet. It worked wonderfully even when I did sneak the occasional treat. I really want to do it again, but I'm finding that I have no willpower to do it. I wake up each morning with the intention of starting it, but then Dh starts making breakfast - usually something yummy like blueberry pancakes or homemade danish...and my...
So my loss for last month was 6.7 pounds. Not a lot, but it was more than nothing. Next month will be better   My problem this mnth seems to be that I'm sneaking sweets. I feel like I'm getting away with something when I do it. Problem is, I'm not really "getting away" with anything. In fact, I'm harming myself even more than if I overate in full view of my family. How do I stop this childish, stupid behavior? Any ideas out there?   Starting weight: 385...
My house is clean-ish, not filthy or really dirty, but just clean-ish. With two kids under 3 years old, there will always be crumbs on the floor, smudges on the windows, and toys everywhere. The bathroom gets cleaned about once every 1-2 weeks, mostly depending on how dirty it gets (DD is potty trained, but doesn't wipe her butt completely sometimes, so when she slides off the toilet seat, we wipe that down ASAP), mostly while the kids are taking a bath. I'll clean the...
I know it's not on my project list, but I'm counting it as one because of the sheer size of the project involved...   I cleaned out the garage. Yeah, I know, it's just a garage, but it was a complete wreck! You couldn't even open the door fully because of all the crap in there. I took THREE car loads of trash and recyclables to the dump, found two boxes worth of random things I have been looking for since last summer, and reorganized all of DH's random crap. It took...
1.Sew backing onto Sara's quilt 2. Finish cross stitch on Robbie's quilt 3. Sew gift bags for Christmas presents 4. Sew Christmas tree skirt 5. Create Thanksgiving tablecloth 6. Make beanbags and tossing hole table 7. Finish garden cross stitch 8. Do felted chickens kit 9. Kid's play apron for Sara 10. Install shelf in bathroom  - Done 11. Use organic hemp fabric to make tea bags 12.Recipe in jars gifts 13. Family cloth wipes (use flannel in...
Haven't read the rest of the thread, but just wanted to reply to this by saying that the last tattoo I got, I breastfed my child WHILE getting inked. First time that had happened for my tattoo artist! Just thought I'd share...  
Thanks everyone...I'm wondering if it's a misreading on the scale - It flucuates so much that I have to get on it three or four times before it'll settle on a weight.   SoSurreal: We just got through the 2nd anniversary of losing my dad to Parkinsons. It's still so hard, esp. on my mom. He died two weeks before their 30th anniversay. He had even made a card for her at the nursing home. She keeps it next to her bed. It's hard losing someone that you love so much. The...
Weigh-in day!   Starting weight: 385.3lbs Week 1: 366.6lbs   Holy crap!! 18.7 pounds lost!! In one week. I guess it was the hour long dig-out of my car yesterday that tipped the scale...I can't believe it!!
I've recently started adding some healthy habits to my life and trying to get a sense of routine regarding my personal self-care. I'm making a list of habits that I will eventually incorporate into my routine and I'm blanking...can you all help me? I've got a 2 y/o and a 9 m/o, a gym membership, a recumbant bike, my DH cooks most meals, and am really overweight (so running 10 miles a day just isn't going to happen!). Thanks for your help!!
Congrats!!!!! How exciting for you!! Since it seems that we're neighbors, please let me know if you need anything (I'm a labor and postpartum doula). What a great reason to be healthy!!