or Connect

Posts by triana1326

Fell off for three days while I dealt with a head cold, but I got back on the bike again this evening. I got excited again when I stepped on the scale afterwards - My total loss is 4.7 pounds!! In six days!! Even with a cold and baking a batch (and eating most of it) of cookies. I've started adding pureed veggies a la Sneaky Chef to our foods and no one so far has noticed. I even put blueberries and spinach in our hamburgers - not even DH noticed!! I'm working on portion...
This comment is what it's all about - you need to know your teen and her maturity level and make sure she's educated in her choices and in her body.   I was a 13 y/o freshman when I lost my virginity. I did it knowing full well the consequences of sex. I knew I was prepared and ready for it. I had even gone down to our local family planning clinic and put myself on birth control. I insisted on condoms each and every time. I feel that it's no surprise that I was the only...
Alright, I've started actually comitting to losing weight three days ago. I've biked 6 miles each night before bed and reduced my portion sizes for every meal. I've been keeping a log of what I've been doing - exercise, miles biked, calories burnt, water/veggie/fruit intake and vitamins taken. I know I'm only supposed to weigh myself once a week, but I couldn't resist last night before bed. I've lost just over two pounds!! I'm sure it was just the daily flucuation (sp?)...
I'd wake up naturally after sleeping for 16 hours straight. My DH would make breakfast and my favorite coffee, feed and entertain the kids, while I took my meal out to the back porch and enjoyed the morning sunlight while reading a book. I'd take a hot shower, get into some comfy yoga pants and do some yoga, again on the back porch. I'd wander around our backyard, pulling a weed here or picking flowers for a bouquet. Then I'd eat lunch with DH under the maple trees while...
Well everyone, I did my first bike ride on my new recumbent bike - almost 5 miles and 178 calories in 30 minutes. I'm following the Jillian Michaels iFit workout program that comes with the bike, and it gets progressively harder. I've also ordered a scale - the first scale I've ever owned. It's supposed to arrive today and when it does, I promise to weigh myself. I am really not looking forward to seeing the number on the scale. I think it will be the heaviest I've ever...
Isn't this usually the way it works though? I thought I might be the only one who noticed this!      
Good job everyone!!   My tax refund splurge was a recumbent bike for my house. I've used every excuse in the book for not working out - it's too (insert any type of weather here) outside, I have to pay for child watch at the YMCA, inconvienent class times, not enough time, etc. Now I have no excuses. None. And it comes with 24 Jillian (from the Biggest Losers show) workouts for the bike. I'm really excited about this!   Of course, now I have to get my DH from...
Our rich splurge is cotton sateen sheets. That makes us feel like royalty.   Warm bread from the oven, with melted butter on top. A full pantry, with rows of home canned foods Plenty of books to read My two children playing outside without worries of pollution, red zone days, or traffic My circle of friends Being able to barter for goods and services amongst my friends and neighbors Not having to work for someone else, but being able to work for my family...
Same here! I was hoping someone else would use this list in this way. Not that I want to stir the pot or cause any trouble!    
I don't do Walmart, Starbucks, ExxonMobil, Monsanto (a dirty word in our house), and so many of the ones already listed by PPs.   I do this a lot in my area. We have some places like a copy center that puts religious quotes on their sign all the time, like "Jesus is the reason for the season". The one they have up right now is "Make prayer your first choice, not your last resort". If someone is driving a company truck, like a carpenter or handy-man, and they have bumper...