or Connect

Posts by triana1326

I'm in! I am stealing the fort kits idea from last year and giving them out to all my friends' kids. Another friend just blessed me with a tote of her fabric stash, which I've been poring through happily...   I just got done sewing my first item on my list - a family present of sorts, something I'd been promising to do for years, but never had the time, space, or fabric to do it...   I MADE GIFT BAGS!! 42 of them, in various shapes and sizes. A ton of different...
Juise - I love the wooden animals. So stinking cute and they look like a set my dad made for me when I was little. I'm trying to find some nice wood for some natural curtain rods and holders. I just got a great book about tree crafts. I'm really ambitious about this as we don't have the workshop set up to be able to make anything yet, but that will be a fall activity.   I've completed a new spreadsheet that breaks down all my gifts by month and allows me to do a sort...
My inlaws have a hard time with the CDing, the extended and sometimes tandem nursing, the homemade deoderant, detergents, and cleaning products, the list could go on forever...   However, my mother (who lives with us in a inlaw apartment attached to the house) is completely cool with everything, right down to my placenta smoothies and pills after my kids were born. What finally got her was the family cloth. I just don't get it. We use cloth wipes for the kids, so...
Is there really no thread for September? If there is, ignore and delete this thread. If not, then...   Welcome! This is support only for mamas, papas, and not-yet mamas and papas who have 50+ lbs. to lose.   I'm Jenn, and I'm really, really, overweight. Like officially 200 pounds overweight. I feel awful most days, like my body just aches and feels like I've been hit by a truck. I'm sure that the chronic lack of sleep due to my kids is to blame in part for this...
My friend came over yesterday and showed me how to knit a simple head kerchief for all my little girls on my x-mas list. Finishing up the last of the dishclothes today and tomorrow, then jumping into the kerchiefs. Also finished the yard sale last weekend - we made $200 - the water/sewer bill is now paid!! All that's left is to take the leftovers to our local Community Closet and Goodwill.So I'm taking a point for the yard sale as it was a major declutter and helped us...
My 3 y/o DD complained of her yoni hurting a lot at the beginning of summer. It was my DH that solved the riddle - sand. We would rinse off feet and legs when we came home from the beach every day, but wouldn't do a full-out bath until that evening or even the next day...   Once we discovered it was because of the sand from the beach, she was fine. Just a thought...HTH
That is absolutely precious! Now I have another thing to make for the girls on my holiday list...sigh...I have to stop trolling the arts and crafts forums...
Finished the kids' picnic table! Looks adorable, but I was directed by my DD as to where to put all the colors, so it's a bit less "perfect" than what I would have done myself. Oh well, it'll be perfect anyways.   That purse is awesome!! Great job!
Oh my...I've been a busy girl over here! I've got my kitchen licensed (finally!!) by the state, so my home food processing is taking off - I'm supplying a local store that I'm co-owner of with baked goodies and breads. I also learned how to use my pressure canner and canned 10 quarts of sweet corn a few nights ago. I got a bushel of pickling cukes from a friend in trade for some babysitting and made 18 quarts of bread and butter picles and 6 quarts of dill spears. I've...
From GreenMamato3: "To those looking for gifts for their DH's or SO's, a friend told me what she is doing and I am going to be doing the same thing this year, and hopefully every year after.  She suggested coming up with a monthly pre-planned date for you and hubby.  If you can pre-pay for anything that needs paid, do that, so all you have to do is go.     I'm working on swagbucks.com and using up our bank points to get gift cards to restaurants and the...