or Connect

Posts by triana1326

So I fell off the weight loss wagon last month when I was busy coordinating our town's Earth Week celebration. I gained weight back and have been holding steady at my orginal weight, just fluctuating back and forth by a pound or two a week. So as of tomorrow, I am making a promise to myself to get back on track and start over again. I would start today (queue grand excuse now) but I was gardening all day yesterday and I can barely walk, let alone bike and do my DVD. My...
So I got surprised with my first AF since having DS last year - which meant that I was up until 2:30am last night learning how to sew mama cloth pads. I had all the stuff to make them, which helped enormously. And I must say, they came out quite nicely. I used PUL fabric as a waterproof backing, four layers of flannel as a hidden channeled core, and some red heart patterned flannel for the top layer. I'm shocked at how well they turned out considering that I can barely...
I cleaned out my sidetable drawers in my living room. They both act as my junk drawers and my kids' junk drawers, which adds up to a bunch of crap that belongs in other places...
I just taught myself how to knit this week. Two skeins of merino wool later and I have the makings of a blue and white scarf for someone this Christmas. I can't believe that I'm doing so well with it - only problem is that it opens up a whole bunch more projects that I want to do...   The wings were made with some sheer purple kids tights, some wire hangers, some fabric dyes, and a black strap (not enough time to getwide purple ribbon) to hold the wings on her. I...
I'm in Winthrop, just outside of Augusta. I'm always looking for like-minded mamas and kids to hang out with. Anyone around the Augusta area?
1. Do laundry (fold, put away, etc.) 2. Vacuum downstairs hallway and stairs 3. Go to Grove on Sunday 4. Plant my seedlings, seeds, and trees that I ordered 5. Rest and relax with my DH, lemonade in hand, on the hammock in the backyard...   So I didn't get to the laundry - which is sitting in five big baskets in the dining room and in our bedroom...sigh...maybe we should get rid of some clothes. The vacuuming didn't get done either - but that's fine as we...
I commend you for posting this, as it can be hard to talk about abortions and choice even to the best of friends. I am offering you hugs and support during this difficult time. We were faced with this same decision when I got pregnant with DS. We were only planning on having one child and I was suffering from postpartum depression, so having a second child wasn't even on our radar. When I got a BFP pee stick, we were shocked and scared. No, I was more than scared, I was...
1. Keeping the dishes from piling up on the counters 2. Fold and put away all the clean laundry, sort out too small/winter items for donation while folding 3. Vacuum living room, stairs, and downstairs hallway 4. Mop kitchen, hallway, and bathroom 5. Go to drum circle on Saturday night and have fun 6. Dance around the Maypole on a sandy beach with my friends and family on Sunday 7. Collect driftwood for use as curtain rods in my living room and bathroom and...
I cleaned out my nightstand - and now I have plenty of room for more books!
Yay! It posted. So I'm at 12 out of 52 so far. Does it count as a demerit if your aunt sends you some knitting needles and 10 skeins of wool? I didn't ask for them, so really, it's not my fault, right?