or Connect

Posts by triana1326

LOL - a bit off topic but this thread reminds me of an incident in my childhood. My mother was a nurse who taught me all the birds, bees, and appropriate names for everything by the time I was 2. She constantly reminds me of the time we were in the grocery store talking to our minister's wife when I tugged on her pants leg and informed her that my clitoris was itchy. The minister's wife got this funny, purplish, puffy look on her face and quickly left. My mom was...
We just had our first and hopefully (barring any medical reason) only ultrasound yesterday. I had two friends that I was with when they went in for ultrasounds because of bleeding - one ended in miscarriage and the other was what the Dr called a molar pregnancy. Both really scared me, and so I had this one to make sure that the heart was beating and that it wasn't a molar pregnancy. DH and I don't want another u/s simply because we don't think they're very safe. But, after...
Stony Mountain and Mountain Rose Herbs are both excellent herbal websites, with great prices and an impressive shipping time. If it's off season and I've run out of an herb, I order there. For my RRL, I try hard each year to pick them from an organic pick-your-own farm that has raspberries. After I pick them I air dry them and bottle them until I use them. It goes fast when you're drinking a cup a day, but it's well worth it, and free too!
The only reason I'm not doing my "ideal" home birth and going to a birth center instead is that I live in an apartment building and there is literally no room for a tub rental. plus, the walls are paper thin, the backyard has NO privacy, and I fell in love with the birth center we chose. If we had the space, or a private place outside I'd jump at the chance to have a home birth, even though this is my first. Go with what your gut tells to you do - if you feel more...
I have about 6-8 cups of water at work and several cups of herbal teas, chai, and rooibos, so I think I'm pretty well hydrated. I've being eating more than usual because I was on WW before I got pregnant, so I think I'm pretty well fed. I used to be pre-diabetic before I lost some weight so I know what low blood sugar feels like and this feels different - more light headed and a rush of blood in my head when I stand up than shakes, sweating, and weak knees. My normal avg....
Okay, so I'm new to the whole baby book scene - so what's up with Baby Wise and why is it a bad book? I've never read it or heard of it. Can someone help me with my case of ignorance? please ignore above post
Thanks for the quick response. I'm a lot less worried now...anyone else have this happen to you?
All I can find online is pregnancy and high blood pressure. I jusst had my blood pressure taken by the nurse at work because I was getting a bit woozy when I stood up and I haven't been able to get warm the past couple days. it was 108/60. I know it's not in hte danger levels, but I'm still a bit worried. Is there any way to get it back into normal range? Should I be concerned? I'm a plus size lady in the middle of her 6th week, so this may skew my numbers a bit, but I'm...
I've been using flaxseed oil for my DHA. I don't get that nasty fish burp after the capsule has dissolved and it's mercury free, unlike some fish oils...
I was saying the first and last names out loud and when I came to Eva - Eva Lee, sounds just like evily. Not sure if you want your kid to have a name like that, but if you like it, go for it! PS - I like the name Eva too.