or Connect

Posts by triana1326

Since we don't have any kids yet and we've been together for 7 years, we get the "when are you going to get started on a family?" question ALL the time. DH jokes that the next person who asks us that will get this response: "Thanks for asking - we've been trying for a long time and found out that we're infertile. So thanks for bringing that painful subject up."
Quote: Originally Posted by lovingmommyhood We have two children ages 3 & 15 months. I know if we tell our family & friends that we are TTC the reaction will go something like this: I don't know, I could be wrong but you know, having three kids, especially close in age is just. so. out. there. That's the reaction we would get from DH's parents. They have made it very clear that they don't want us to "procreate". So we haven't...
Thanks for the compliments. My DH thinks I'm a bit overboard with the lists and all the supplements - but I WANT A BABY!!! I get my Crystal Star stuff at the local health food store. They're great about special ordering if I need something not on the shelves. Just remember to do your own research into these herbs - some may have side effects with other meds or health issues. And although I made my own lists, the info came mostly from the two books I listed in the...
On last thing - I really recommend reading "The complete Organic Pregnancy" and "Do you want to have a baby?" by Sarah Abernathy and Linda Page. The first book made me SO paranoid about my house that we gave away all our pots and pans except the cast iron, and I even ended up sewing a new shower curtain from some hemp fiber material I had gotten a year ago. The second book is were I got a lot of info on the herbs and supplements, but I've always been an amateur herbalist...
Here's my husband's list:  Eat more seeds (sunflower, pumpkin, caraway)  Eat lots of antioxidant-rich foods  Drink 1 cup of decaf green tea daily  Walk for 15 minutes each morning in the sunshine  Deep Breathing exercises/meditation/relaxation  Yoga/Pilates/Deep Tissue Massage  Eat more mushrooms, esp. reishi.  Consume less dairy and caffeine  Eat cruciferous veggies  Eat only hormone-free meats  Eat organic!  Cut back on fats/white sugar and...
Sorry about the delay - a bit hectic this weekend, my niece just had a baby boy!! Sugarshoc - the amount of flaxseed oil capsules are 1,000 mg 2x per day. I got the Damenia from www.mountainroseherbs.com They are the best herbal supplier I've ever done business with and they have really great prices. Here's my list of herbal supplements and other non-traditional methods FOR WOMEN below:  Drink 1 cup of decaf green tea daily  Walk for 15 minutes each morning in the...
I can tell you when I get home at 4pm. I just have the pill case here at work, not the bottle. Sorry...
Red Raspberry Leaf is great for all things female. I just pick a whole bunch while I pick the berries, dry, powder in a mortar, and make into pills. I also make it in teas - yummy with clover, rose hips, and lemon balm. I take Evening Primrose Oil capsules - 1 a day at 500mg Flax Seed Oil - 2 capsules a day (don't use fish oil, as it may contain mercury and other toxins, plus when you burp later on, it tastes nasty! ) Prenatal vitamins with plenty of folic acid Holy...
Thanks...I know I sound so whiny, when I've just started trying, but it still hurts, first time or 100th. I'm just so glad to know that I'm not alone here, and that you all know what I'm going through. I really appreciate it, and good luck to you as well.
So, I'm TTC #1 and was all excited. And now I have my period: I'm trying not to let it get me upset, and I figured that hoping to be pregnant on the first try was a long shot, but it's just disappointing. I know you all will understand what I'm talking about, as none of my friends (or mother) got pregnant on purpose. Any words of wisdom you all can give me?