or Connect

Posts by Jade's Mom

My 6yo has always been drawn to the moon.  I've always wanted to come up with some sort of full moon ritual to do with her, but have never gotten around to it.  Today my husband said he wants to do something to celebrate the Harvest Moon (whoot!) but I need some ideas.  So far all we have is going out to watch her rise and take blankets and some apple cider with us.  I'd love to make it more spiritual.  I'd love to hear what you all do to honor the Full Moon generally...
Oh that's sad, why not?  See what happens when I don't check in for a couple years. 
I really like the "cats bodies are only designed to live 18 years" answer.  I believe in being truthful with kids, too, but I don't necessarily agree that she needs to know right now that someday Mommy and Daddy are going to die.  I think that's too young to put that fear in her.  I don't believe it's hiding anything from her. I think it's about being age appropriate.  I answer every question truthfully, but I'm just not going to say "everything dies" to a 4yo.  If she...
Hi Mamas, I keep popping in, saying Hi and thinking I'll finally follow the thread and then don't come back for several months.   But, I'm hoping you can help me.  We found our 18yo cat today. We think she passed away yesterday while we were out of town.  We waited until my husband had wrapped her in a towel before we told my 4yo (almost 5).  She asked to see Tabitha so we let her, we talked about how she died, that she was old and sick and it was just her time....
Today we found our 18yo cat. We think she passed away yesterday while we were out of town.  My 4yo is very sad, of course, and keeps asking us why Tabitha died.  I've been telling her that she was old and sick and it was her time, but I've stopped short of telling her everything dies because I don't want to scare her and don't want her to start worrying that Mommy & Daddy are going to die.   We let her see Tabitha and give her a final kiss and hug.   Now, how do...
We used to use Dr. Bronner's but found it way to drying.  My daughter has dry skin and we live in the dry mountain air so we are picky. Now I use Miessence.  We either use the Sunflower Body Wash http://yourorglife.mionegroup.com/en/product/33201 or Baby Cream Wash http://yourorglife.mionegroup.com/en/product/33201 which is certified organic and smells great from the vanilla.  Certified organic is really important to me as even all natural brands can have pesticide...
I looked there and I don't have that option.  I did have a signature before.
Yes, I've been here before but it's been a while.  I just don't have the time I used to.   Thanks good ideas.
I've been a member for years, but this is the 1st time I've logged in since the new format change.  Am I considered a new member for signature purposes?  If so why when it clearly shows the number of times I've posted?
Well, the month is almost over so I probably won't be able to go back and read the previous posts, but maybe I can jump in here.     I've never celebrated Yule before, but would like to do something this year. Not sure where to start.