or Connect

Posts by lairaja

Thanks trekkingirl, I will look into getting one of those boots at a home health store or something. We don't currently have insurance, but I need to do something beyond the stretches and good shoes advice I've gotten so far. I'm assuming the scraping you talk about is a sort of massage technique? I have a really wonderful massage therapist (who was also my homebirth midwife!) and I've been meaning to make an appointment with her for months. Now I think I definitely...
Still not sure what team I'm on, but thanks for having me here. Go BLUE or RED.   I was still at 177 this morning, but don't have a digital scale so it may be a little over or under. No gain or loss for me this week.   Speaking of the over 40 thing, I turned 40 a week and a half ago, and my neighbor asked me if I was falling apart yet. Ha Ha very funny. The truth is it appears I have Plantar Facitis in my left foot and it's making walking (the only form of...
Hey there - Thanks for letting me join the challenge! Am I RED or BLUE? My 40th birthday was a little over a week ago, and I've definitely been more lax about both calorie counting and exercise. Today is a new day, though.   Looking forward to being accountable!
I'm wondering if it's too late to join this, too. I just started tracking my food and exercise on LiveStrong and have lost 3 pounds in the last 10 days. Maybe if there are a couple of us that join a week late neither team would be penalized for having someone without weight loss for the first week. Hmmm?   I am at 5'6 and 177 lbs, and would love to get back down to 150.   I'll look for updates and to see if I can join. Thanks!
My son's future godmother took this awesome photo of me about 5 months pregnant with him on Route 66 in Albuquerque. He's 4 now, but it seems like yesterday.
My 4 yo DS asked to be "Charlie Chacklin" this year, so here he is: The Little Tramp!    
Wow, CI Mama, thank you thank you so much for your reply. I'm crying, so apparently this was something I needed to hear! Especially...     I guess I think I should be past this stuff "by now" but I know there are a lot of issues to still be discussed and worked through surrounding my DS's early life. We're seeing the repercussions of the turmoil and arguments of that first couple of years now, I think.   I'm thinking today about doing some sort of therapy work around...
I'm wondering if this is at all common, or just a very special thing I go through. It seems like every year on my DS's birthday (today, by the way) I feel sad. I'm not joyful like I think I should be remembering his birth, remembering his baby-hood.   Both of my children (DS is 4 and DD is 20 mo) were born at home, and I had what would be considered successful homebirths. No complications.   His birth was pretty grueling for me physically and emotionally, but we...
I'm wondering if this is at all common, or just a very special thing I go through. It seems like every year on my DS's birthday (today, by the way) I feel sad. I'm not joyful like I think I should be remembering his birth, remembering his baby-hood.   Both of my children (DS is 4 and DD is 20 mo) were born at home, and I had what would be considered successful homebirths. No complications.    His birth was pretty grueling for me physically and emotionally, but we...
http://www.cnn.com/2011/OPINION/07/05/granderson.bratty.kids/index.html   Anyone else seen this linked to on Facebook? Feels like another attack on GD to me. Your thoughts?