or Connect

Posts by lairaja

Another entry (I shared on Facebook) by Christy Lopez. My partner Blake with our son Shane less than 24 hours after he was born at home.
My very talented friend, Christy Lopez, took this picture of me on Route 66 in Albuquerque when I was 5 months pregnant with my son, Shane.
Thank you so much for your thoughtful response. I wish I'd written here for advice before I emailed him this morning. I realize I wasn't trusting him. He's an amazing father, and we are almost always in agreement about our parenting choices.   You asked if he has the tools he needs, and the funny thing is - he usually has been the tool! Up until recently, he was the only one who could get DD to sleep. She wouldn't nurse down; she only wanted daddy's arms. Lately, though,...
I'm feeling really betrayed today, mamas, and I need some support. Either some righteous indignation on my behalf or some sort of "let it go" response would be welcome. 's   I just started rehearsals for a play, my first play in about 3 years. I'm an actor and director, and I have really missed doing shows since having kids. I am also craving something of my own after so much time being a stay-at-home. My wonderful partner has been uber-supportive, and...
I'm replying just to let you know you're not alone! My DD will be 13 months old tomorrow and we are in the same boat completely! The girl wants what she wants NOW and if she doesn't get it....AAAAAAAAGGGGHHHH! Is it developmental? I suspect so, although I don't remember going through anything like this with my DS who is now 3. I've been blaming myself a bit with my daughter because I was feeling like maybe she wasn't getting the undivided attention my son got and...
Hi Mamas! I just wanted to share a project that a very talented photographer I know is working on. It's called "Stretchmarks are Storytellers" and it is eventually going to be a photo book celebrating the beauty of bodies who have given birth. I was very fortunate to get to model for her, and it was such an empowering experience. I see my body, floppy and stretched, in a whole new light. Here's a little of what she has to say about the project:   "Through communication...
I'm in the same boat (moving soon to a smaller place and needing to get rid of a lot of stuff!) and here's our plan: We are going to move everything we want to keep. Then I'm going to invite friends and family (and Facebook friends) to come by the old place before we move out and take whatever's left. We'll put out a donation jar, in case anyone wants to pay us something for the more valuable stuff. We've discussed having a "cause" they're donating to, but most likely...
We're dealing with this one too. My almost 3 yo DS continues to hit the dog and 2 cats, as well as pull tails and ears. Natural consequences (cat scratches, very soft dog nips) have only seemed to excite him and egg him on. And if we correct him, he laughs and says "it's funny!" Last night DP and I both had a time-in with him to calmly talk about how pets are part of our family, and we want to show them we love them. Then we played doggie and kitty cat for a few minutes,...
Quote: Originally Posted by jul511riv Well, I just splurged and got a 36 G (I think) nursing bra...Beauty bylpar Jeunique with Banderin (built on "bridge construction" technology). I get AMAZING lift (for it not having an underwire) but I'm not sure it's the most comfortable bra in the world. The cups seem to be comfortable, it's the band around the ribcadge that isn't so much. I've only worn it for a few hours so far, though, so I'll try to let you know...
I struggled with this with my DS, and I was very lucky in that my midwife also happened to be a LMT and Herbalist. I saw her for massage and energy work, and then she put me on a vitamin/diet/Flower Remedy regimen that really helped: -Eliminate coffee, chocolate, alcohol and sugar if you haven't already for BF'ing. These all lead to mood swings and eliminating or reducing them will help stabilize mood. - Vitamins: Take a B Complex. I use one labeled for Stress. This...