or Connect

Posts by Beth

Darn it, I really wanted to watch that show. It sounds like it was as bad as I thought it would be. Anyway, does anyone mind sharing what happened to the couple's baby?
I have to ask, where did you get the tie dyed outfit? He is sooooo cute. Loved your story.
I am pregnant with #3. My first two babies did not nurse like champions. It seems every birth story I read the baby nurses like a champ. DD#1 nurse for 3 minutes every three hours. Needless to say she was a very small baby. I tried and tried to get her to nurse longer or more often, but to no avail. My nipples were very sore for the first 3-4 weeks because I am pretty sure she never latched on correctly. She'd open wide when I presented my breast at her mouth. ...
I have to say that I believe in the philosophy behind hypnobirthing however I didn't work for my last labor. Dh and I took classes in the second trimester so we should have had enough time to pratice the techniques and really get it down. We didn't practice enough and it didn't work during labor. Meaning it didn't reduce the pain or help in management of the pain. First, to find an instructor in your area go to www.hypnobirthing.com. I believe they have a listing...
to our friends and half of the family we are very "alternative" but here not so much... -we use disposables -we eat meat, lots of it, but we raise it ourselves -we love mac and cheese, I only like Kraft, and hot dogs and top ramen noodle soup -we love junk food and sweets -we eat out maybe once a week, $$ is a factor to keep us home most of the time -dd#2 was sleep-trained -the girls are spanked occasionally and we definitely use time-out -girls watch hours of...
When I was about 38 weeks my dad and sister and brother came from CO to visit. They brought with them one of my mom's labor pools that she rents to clients. They left after a few days and my mom came around the time I was due March 30th. I was due on April 2nd. Well April 2nd, a Monday, came and went. I was anxious to get this baby here while my mom was in town, but my midwife didn't want to use any artificial means of starting labor. She said my first labor had been...
I am here b/c I am going to find out the gender of my baby on Monday with an u/s (hopefully) Dh is pro-circ and I am against. It has been a pointless arguement with babies #1 and #2 b/c they are girls. But I feel this baby is a boy and I am worried about the heated discussion dh and I will have in the next few months. I have learned alot here to support my feelings. Just hoping to find something that will enlighten dh. Any prayers or positive thoughts sent my way are...
My mother is a midwife and swears by the Brewer's diet. She is constantly telling me to get my 2 eggs a day. I have been pretty good about eating 2 eggs a day with my first 2 pregnancies and I have always had low bp. I usually start being very strict about the eggs after week 20. I have thought that if my blood pressure was to go up that I would be stricter about the whole diet. Anyway, my mother is a midwife and recommends it. My midwife doesn't seem to have...
WOW I am amazed at the price some of you are willing to pay for a midwife $3000-$4000. You are awesome. I am blessed with a midwife who only charges $1000. That includes prenatal, birth (with pool if desired), and 3 post-partums. She has always had 2 attendants with her. Last birth my mother actually caught the baby while my midwife was standing by. My mother is a midwife in CO and she charges around $2000. My insurance booklet actually has a section on...
RasJane, I am not sure this is actually an answer to your question on where is the medium, but I wanted to agree with Laurel that if you have been trying for so long that maybe you will need help conceiving this time. I don't have any personal experience with infertility so what I say maybe insignificant but I will share my sil's experience briefly. SIL conceived #1 with no problems. After a year she and her husband started ttc #2. After about 13 or 14 months of...