or Connect

Posts by DisplacedYooper

I'm pretty sure I threw away the key to my husband's office desk... In my defense, it was just sitting on our dresser not attached to anything, and looked an awful lot like those keys you get in the mail for car giveaways...
For me, it would depend on the kind of space heaters you have... blowing air/fan space heaters = yes. Radiator style electric heaters = yes. Old fashioned electrical resistance heaters with the big exposed glowing red bars = no. If you have safe space heaters, I'd say go for it! We just moved from using central heat to a single space heater (that is, a pellet stove). But, before you get any nasty surprises, I'd figure out how much it's going to cost you in...
Quote: Originally Posted by dantesmama Thanks for the rec! I'm about to paint 3 rooms. Do you think it could cover ink/marker stains? We just use the new Behr paint to paint a bedroom, and it covered quite well, but ink is pretty notorious for bleeding through paint and even lots of primers. I'd probably buy a quart of the most-stain-blocking Kilz (or other hardcore primer) and just spot prime the areas that needed it.
You will need to keep the field mowed until you plan to let it go to woods - unless there is some geological reason why trees aren't growing there now (for example, a layer of hardpan or stone just under the surface of the soil) brush and then trees will begin to take it over within a few years. If you are in a farming area, you will probably not have a hard time finding a farmer to make hay in the field on halves, where they get half the hay for the labor of making it,...
My DS didn't spray much, but once managed to pee in his own ear...
Are you looking more for honey or pollination? If you're leaning more toward pollibnation, you might want to consider a topbar hive over a standard-type hive. The kits/preassembled hives are pretty exensive (like $400 or so) but when I looked at them in person, seemed pretty straightforward to make. I'm familiar with Gold Star Hives, but their website appears to be down... here are a few other links......
Quote: Originally Posted by BarefootScientist That is unbelievable that they would not tell him that beforehand! I mean, hello, he is MARRIED to a pregnant woman. GEEZ! Yeah, but we all know that all college students belong to the 18-22 and single demographic... :eyeroll Reminds me of the mumps scare at my school last year. I didn't have records of two MMR's, and of course, I wasn't about to get one while nursing. I went to get my...
I usually nurse my 2.75 YO to sleep downstairs, he sleeps downstairs on the couch until DH are ready to go to bed (usually 1 - 1 1/2 hours later) and then we all go up to bed. But sometimes, DS stays awake until we all go about around 10.
We found a pair of these (http://www.landsend.com/pp/SnowFlurr...0&origin=index) at a consignment store last winter, but I think they're fairly reasonable new too... Both sides open with velcro so it's really easy to get on little feet.
We usually bring cold pizza, either homemade or premade frozen. Homemade is tastier and cheaper, but frozen holds up better and is easier to prepare the night before a trip (when we're always behind schedule...) Other hints: Drive slower and at constant speed. Our car gets 33 mpg on the interstate (usually going between 72-77 mph) but we got 41 (!) once when we drove across Canada on the Queen's Hwy (?) where we set the cruise control to 62. Of course, it takes...