or Connect

Posts by DisplacedYooper

Quote: Originally Posted by sprouthead and I'm wondering if we can save money by making things like these from home, and could I increase the nutritional value as well? any ideas? Yes, muffins are very easy to make. You can substitute up to 1/3 of white flour in a recipe with whole wheat without needing to make any other changes (or changing the flavor/texture very much), but I often use 100% wheat flour in recipes that are chemically...
I am not a midwife (but want to be, when my kid(s) are older, hence my reading of this forum... ), but my midwife started her training when she was 42.
Quote: Originally Posted by Vancouver Mommy My son was born at the 50th percentile and within about six months had dropped down to 3rd. He has stayed around the 3rd for the past two years, with a slight dip off the charts. Within the past few months he has moved up to between the 3rd and 10th. He is built exactly like his father. He is perfect. This is not to say that I didn't suffer with anxiety during the first year or so. Thank you for...
I would pay the 18%, and then make sure the management knows that I would not be patronizing that restaurant again. DH and I always leave 20% (or $1/person = $3 if we go out for breakfast at the cheap greasy spoon we love where we get two breakfasts for $10...) but I guess if a business wants to make sure their servers get a certain level of income, it should increase menu prices and pay the servers a fair wage!
I grew up in OR and the UP of MI, and now live in Bangor, ME. The winters in ME are much less snowy than where I used to live in MI (about 80" of snow from Dec to early/mid April vs 200" from late October to the beginning of May) but I would say is it about the same cold-wise. We are planning to move back to the UP because I miss daily snow in the winter. But, I would say that if you wanted year-round harvest (with, say, cold frames) and a mild climate, the Willamette...
Quote: Originally Posted by sisteeesmama Are there loosy-goosey moms who fly by the seat of there pants, eating dinner at different times, maybe not reading or reading depending on there moods, send the kids to bed when they fall asleep or when they, the parents go to bed? Yes, this is me, although it might change as DS gets older. He either nurses to sleep on the couch, asks to go upstairs to bed (read: nurse) when he gets tired around 9 - 10...
Quote: Originally Posted by MegBoz The word "teat" is pronounced totally differently from "Tits" This is not true everywhere, but even so, seriously! What was he thinking!?!
I would add that electric fences are a danger for toddlers - they don't hurt so much to touch with the hand, but can be a bigger problem when the wire is head-level...
Quote: Originally Posted by JamesMama One of my friends vaccinates but refuses the Chicken Pox vaccine. It is required for admittance into Iowa schools. I doubt she can claim religious exemption to JUST the chicken pox vaccine, can she? It's never too late to have a religious revelation! Of course, that means refusing vaxs from then on...
Quote: Originally Posted by SuzyLee My very scientifically minded DH needs "proof" that homebirth will not result in me or baby dying TIA if anyone can lead me directly to what I am looking for. My DH and I are both PhD students in physics, and we found Henci Goer's "The Thinking Woman's Guide to a Better Birth" to be a convincing book. I didn't always agree with her conclusions, but since she cites all her arguments and devotes the last...