or Connect

Posts by bonbon mama

I just shopped at Aldi today. They accept debit as well as cash. I am a from scratch cook with mostly whole foods and I get most of my animal products from a local farmer. I use Aldi for Pretzels Organic blue corn chips mozzarella cheddar havarti cream cheese Smoked salmon Frozen slender green beans Dried pinto beans Tortillas crackers Some produce Alaskan salmon Flour sugars Baking soda Vinegar Chocolate chips pecans Marshmallows and crispy rice for...
I mix the ingredients for the bread together, minus about 3/4 cup of flour. I let that rest for about 10 minutes and then I turn the mixer on medium with the paddle attachment and let the cake batterish dough be worked to get the gluten developed for about 5 minutes. I then add little bits of flour while the dough hook is working the dough on the mixer's level two setting. I do this until the dough is climbing the hook and I can just start to see the curve of the...
Quote: Originally Posted by haydn'smommy I also have $50,000 whole life on myself to go to paying off my debts (student loans and cc) with my parents as beneficiary. Your parents and your children will not be responsible for your debts should you die. The executor of your estate would pay your debts with your assets and a policy payable to your parents would not be amongst your assets. It would be their assets. I'd double check on that.
Yes! I love that part of such a large online community like this. Nak so please forgive my brevity, but what was the book's title?
Well, and as is true with any topic; the best way to learn is from primary sources and experiences. And if you want a good book to read about a topic, the textbooks are not usually what you seek out.
Welcome to MDC! I am an unschooling Catholic mom of four. I like to fill in "directly and individually led by the Holy Spirit" in the line for "school" or "curriculum"--good fun. I agree with various ages being able to participate in activities chosen by members of a larger family. Someone pulls out something interesting or starts a show and they all flock in...
You can't really prepare yourself for the death of your spouse. I know it must be a low level anxiety for you pretty much all of the time. Other than keeping our debt low, living life authentically, and carrying life insurance on both of us, I never considered it likely that he would die suddenly. Ironically, it is my BIL who is the Major in the Army, my husband was a computer guy. I don't know anyone else with similar time constraint issues, though, so maybe we can...
I'm not sure that I can offer anything in the way of help but I can certainly offer support and a knowledge of the difficulties of single parenting with an unschooling homestyle. I have four children, 7 months to 10 years old, and I am continuing to unschool the brood while we all recover from the sudden death of our husband and father a year ago. I understand the sheer exhausting magnitude of labor required to keep sole care of the children and home. It is daunting...
I'm Catholic and our St Vincent de Paul Society will provide food, clothing, blankets and sometimes furniture if they have it without requiring any sort of conversion experience or promise. I'm pretty sure that there is a similar Jewish organization. I'm sorry that things are so rough right now.
Old syle corelle tea cup? Can you get a locker at school? And keep some stuff in there?