or Connect

Posts by pranava

Probably falls into the "not right" category,be we called it "the buffet" Always open and all you can eat :)  My son weaned before he picked up a word for it.  
Good Question! Around 18 months I started wondering the same way about my DS.  I'm still wondering.  ?    
This is an issue we've been dealing with for more than 2 years. My 4.5 year old is having Massive tantrums when little things aren't perfect, or he doesn't win a game.  This is happening both at preschool and at home.  Maybe 3 full blown screaming, throwing things, 30 to 45 minute hysterical fits.  These fits are over the smallest things: a shape matching race on the computer that he didn't win, a tangram pattern that he can't get the shapes to line up absolutely perfectly...
I have a couple of elementary school (private, public, charter) visits scheduled in the upcoming months.  I thought I had decided on an elementary for DS's entry to kindergarten next year, but recent changes in the school are making me take a second look.     What are some of the questions I should ask or things I should look for?  How open would you be about your child's abilities both advanced and delayed?  Anything you wish you had found out about your child's school...
 Oh, would he ever like to talk about it !    It's all I hear about for the next 24 hours, lol!!  Thanks for all the support and funny responses!
Wow!!!  That is amazing!  I tried to do that just now, but nope, I quit trying after about 20 seconds - just cant' do it.  He (and you) must have calculator brains!!  I'm impressed 
Her daycare/preschool should offer her an alternative to her nap at school.  Quiet time with books or play time with older kids.  Some kids do not need to nap that long, or at all, and that could be messing with her sleep rhythms.  My DS got about 8 or 9 hours a day(nap + night) at that age.  It got better when he dropped the nap at school,and went to bed earlier at home.  Now at 4.5, he gets a solid 10 to 11, all at night.     Also, my DS would get far too little sleep...
Just wondering how you all react to this.  Any catch phrases I can borrow :)  I know this is probably just a normal part of challenging authority(DS is 4), but it gets to me nonetheless.   When I'm calm I manage to say "It's my job to make sure you are safe and healthy.  When you make safe and healthy decisions for yourself, I will stop telling you what to do."     When I'm not calm it comes out something like " Ohhh,  You don't even know what mean is!"    OK, that...
Wow, so many world travelers musicians, and intensely focused little ones!  Very interesting kids!     DS is 4 and has started his last year of preschool before Kindergarten.  It's a mixed bag at school.  He seems to like the material and teacher, but is having many emotional meltdowns, and just lacks flexibility when things don't go his way.  This leaves me walking on eggshells much of the time.  He seems to be in a lull with no current academically focused obsession,...
That's great! All possibilities must be considered