or Connect

Posts by pranava

thanks for the suggestion!  He's not really hyper active or aggresive at all, so I really hadn't considered that diet could effect emotions.  I suppose it could.  
Yeah, he's 3 and that's definitely part of it. But I think he's a little more on the extreme end.  In fact, he got sent home from daycare for, well being dramatic all day and losing it too frequently. :(
Hi!  Your DS sounds wonderful :)  Completing a shape sorter at 10 months! Wow!   I can definitely relate to staying quiet about accomplishments around peers.  Some of my best friends just flat out didn't believe me.  That's what's so great about this site.  You can post anything you want and we will share your joy and amazement.  Keep reading too - especially the posts from people with school aged children.  It helps to put the toddler and preschool years in perspective,...
DS is soo dramatic.  His emotions and expressions of emotion are HUGE!!!  Sometimes this is wonderful, like when he greets me with "Oh, Mommy!  I love you more than anything in the whole wide world!" complete with sweeping arm gestures and great big hugs.    Other times it's heartbreaking, like when I'm trying to be silly with him singing "On top of old smokey. . . and then my poor meatball rolled right out the door"    DS starts sobbing with big alligator tears "oh,...
  If she loves her magnet letters, it probably won't be long before she's making up her own "words"  DS did this quite a bit just after two.  I helped him sound out the words he was making up(they weren't real words yet) and then we made up definitions for his words and rhymed them with real words.  Count the letters in the words she makes up.  It was all just in conversation while making dinner.  If she's good at ID'ing letters, you could take a walk outside to find...
DS(3) is fully obsessed with dinosaurs now.  He's learned the names of at least 30 different species, what they eat, distinguishing features, what time period they live in, and  - this one floors me - he can read the names of these species and pronounce them correctly!  He likes to quiz me about them, but I can't keep up!  He asks about a million questions a day, and more and more I'm having to say,  ummm..... let's look it up.    Moms of dinosaur obsessed kids - do...
I really like this
My DS knows my name, but now when I say, "hey, do you know my name is ***"  He will say, "No it's not.  You are my mother and your name is Mom"  I am not allowed to be anything other than his mom in his world view.
I think it's the age.  there seems to be this magic window before kids hit the resistant 2's.  I'm sure the window of ages differs per child, but 2.5 year olds love to resist things.  My DS was nearly done at 18 months.  At 2.5 he hated the potty, would not go when I asked, and if I sat him on it he would sometimes actually say "la,la,la,la,la,la... I'm not going!"  Now at just past 3 the resistance is gone.  I don't know if it's gone because I completely backed off for...
How do you get a kid to be independent if they just don't care.  DS is only 3, but he has no desire to feed himself, dress himself, or do most anything else for himself.  I bet I could count on one hand the number of times I've heard him say "no, I want to do it."  Isn't that supposed to be the hallmark of the 2 year old - Me Do It!   He would be perfectly content if I carried him out of bed, dressed him like an infant, spoon fed him, fixed every problem he ever had. ...