or Connect

Posts by pranava

I could have posted the same thread.  I like the no repeat policy.  I'll have to institute this at home.  I repeat myself so much and am never "heard".  It isn't until I'm screaming and acting like a maniac that my DS responds, and then it's only to say "You're making me so sad."  I feel like I just can't win.  I'm hoping it's just the age, and he'll outgrow this some.
Thanks, everyone!  I think the local Montessori school would be great - too bad it's so expensive and out of my budget.  The preschool is where he will likely attend K-6 as well, so I  guess I'm just nervous to switch him to a different environment too early, but he will be nearly 4 before he gets a preschool spot.  Secretly I think there would be nothing better for him than quitting my job and homeschooling, but that can't happen.  I guess I just have to go into it...
The structured academics in the preschool take up almost 2 hours in a 10 hour day.  This is broken into 30 minute sections througout the day.  Some of that would also be good fine motor practice, like glueing popcorn onto a big print out of the letter P - stuff like that.    I don't HAVE to move him from where he's at.  I'm just wondering if it would be better for him to have more than 1 kid his own age to play with.  He really enjoys playing with other kids, but...
How did that go?  Anyone ever send a kid who was say 60 - 80% potty trained to a preschool that requires them to be potty trained?    DS is 99% trained at home, but the daycare has no set potty routine.  The preschool does, and I think this may be what DS needs to finish up.  He needs all the kids to line up and walk to the bathroom together.  What kid wants to leave their toys and go to the bathroom by themselves ony to get back and the toy they were playing with is...
I need the wisdom of the tribe here.  I'm agonizing over the crossroads of switching from a small home daycare that is developing a preschool curriculum to an established preschool with a good reputation.    Where we are:  There are pros like small group, quiet homey environment, care provider that is creative out of the box thinker and teaches this way.  Subjects are not the norm of ABC's, 123's.  This is good for DS as he does not need these...
DS HATES haircuts!  It's not the noise - his hair has always been cut with scissors.  I think it's the light touch of his hair and neck and face, and then the little hairs falling all over him.  He will not tolerate the cape, so I bring a change of clothes.    No amount of distraction or candy seems to help.  I end up holding his wrists in one hand so his fingers don't get cut off as he swats at the scissors, and holding his chin in the other hand so his ears don't...
What is it about the number 16!  I remember a whole thread somewhere on MDC where every kid was skipping 16 or getting confused at that point.  My DS counted reliably to 20 for months and then started missing 16 for awhile -strange!     Anyway, he sounds very birght and similar to my son at that age.  I don't think it's the norm to know the alphabet before 2.  Of course, I can't tell you for sure, but it seems possible given the things you describe. 
"Many of the states that have chosen to specifically prohibit alcohol consumption by those under age 21 have a variety of exceptions. For example, Some States allow an exception for consumption when a family member consents and/or is present. States vary widely in terms of which relatives may consent or must be present for this exception to apply and in what circumstances the exception applies. Sometimes a reference is made simply to "family" or "family member"...
Really!?  I live in Indiana and never heard that was legal!
    I bet that, YOU are the best quality resource for your kid! Think of all the things she has already learned with your help.  I'm sure you have more to teach and show her.  I don't know about France, but where I live, even pricey academic preschools are teaching things that gifted kids already know.  I second the play based preschool with a very creative and energetic caregiver.