or Connect

Posts by pranava

Thanks KK and KJM! I will definitely take it as a sign then. I also woke up at 3 am with a fire like pain clear across my abdomen. Funny how TTC can make you desire pain. I'd be ectatic if I had searing cramps in my uterus and breasts that hurt so bad they can't be touched. MMM - That sounds like an awesomly interesting job, but everything does run its course. As soon as I figure out how to get a link to facebook to work, I'll get some pics on here. Or maybe I...
OK, confession - I'm sitting here at work with my pants unbuttoned because I'm so very bloated. I'm hoping that's a good preggo sign, but I know it's also a common PMS symptom for me. Good thing I have a long shirt on CM question - normally a day or two after I O, my cm just dries up. Often I even get itchy because I'm so dry. I'm now 6 dpo and I have tons of watery cm. Even more than I have just before ovulation. Has anyone heard of this being a pregnancy...
KJM - that's a great story. I love to hear parents having a change of heart. BurtsGirl - I used some Preseed to lubricate the speculum, but that was it. The plan was to use one whole tube to counteract the "Hostile Vagina", but CM was really good this time so I didn't think I needed it.
Hey BurtsGirl, could you switch me to Waiting to Know I've been so incredibly busy today, I haven't had time to obsess about TTC at all. It's somewhat of a relief. So here are the nitty gritty details of a True ICI. . . We insemed at 12hrs past +OPK. We used a Urethral Catheter size 14Fr. This is very large, as big around as a 1ml syringe, and also like 18 inches long. So, I boiled a razor blade to sertilize it, and cut one end of the catheter at a 45 degree...
Here goes round 2. . . Spermies arrived this morning. Best looking +OPK I've ever gotten at 11am. No EWCM this month, but lots of thin and watery(from what I've seen on Fertility Friend, that will work too). I'll insem tonight, and again tomorrow afternoon. True ICI this time - that is, if we can work it out. The catheter's I ordered are rather large - I think bigger than a normal IUI catheter, but no time now to order smaller. I'm very excited and feeling...
AngelaM - I try to reassure myself about the price of sperm by remembering how much money I've saved and will save over the course of a lifetime on birth control by being a lesbian. It is hard to plunk down a couple, or 5G all at once, but if a straight woman is sexually active, fertile, using condoms, and the pill for 30 years . . . She will spend around $20,000.00 in birth control. Thinking about that number always makes me feel better!
Since we're getting all bio-technical here, I thought I'd share some interesting links I found about capacitation and the journey through the cervix. http://www.embryology.ch/anglais/dbe...ung/weg01.html http://www.embryology.ch/anglais/dbe...ung/weg02.html http://www.embryology.ch/anglais/dbe...ung/weg03.html
I'm contemplating ICI this time instead of IUI because I have already pre-purchased ICI vials. when they run out, I will switch to IUI vials. Until then, I just thought that ICI would get all the sperm up to the starting line instead of just the lucky ones that manage to survive what my DW is fond of calling my "Hostile Vagina".
Great info BurtsGirl! Thanks for looking around. I have a retroverted uterus, so I think it makes it a bit more challenging for the sperm to find their way into the cervix. We'll just give them a little jump start this month then and see what happens
So many great ideas from everyone! It's good to know that so many of us are thinking about and planning the same type of thing. I think I like Unity Ceremony for the name - Kudos to BurtsGirl! And I agree with you MujerMamaMismo, I want just a bit of the pomp and circumstance my sister had at both of her weddings and baby showers. Sometimes that makes me feel a little juvenile and jealous, but I just want to know that my family is as respected as any other "normal"...