or Connect

Posts by pranava

5:45 am I get up take a shower get dressed.   6:15 morning chores - feed dog, fold laundry, empty dishwasher,   6:45 wake DS make him breakfast get him dressed etc.   7:30 leave the house   8 to 5 work   5 go pick DS up   5:30 get home, change clothes, get laundry started(cloth diapers require almost daily laundry)   6pm try to cook dinner while being interupted 1 million times for spilled drinks, "I have to potty", "come play with me" , "I...
DS just turned 3 and we are going through the same thing.  He gets into moods where everything he says is so angry sounding or overly assertive for no reason. He doesn't act that way at daycare, just with me.  I think he is trying to find, and prove to himsef and me, that he has a self identity separate from me.  His ego is very large and very tender right now so it is easily injured with the slightest and sweetest request from me.  "honey, i'm going to open the oven. ...
I didn't realize anything was unusual about DS at 3 months, but I obsessively wrote things down becuase I was soooo excited to finally be a Mom that I didn't want to forget a single thing.  (Yeah, I was a little obsessed.  I wrote stuff like, "Ohhhh he drooled!  That's so cute!!!  "  )  So, I now have the interesting benefit of great records about what was going on at that age.    DS was in daycare from 5 weeks on.  The babysitter kept say "He's just so advanced."  I...
Thanks for the curious george recommendation, ellemenope!  That sounds perfect - will have to add that one to our home library as the public library doesn't have it   DS turned 3 last weekend!  This is going to be a fun age :)  His imagination is ON - 24/7 and he's soo funny.  He only started reading books 3 months ago and can now read any K level early reader I pick up from the library.  He doesn't even need me to hold my finger under the words anymore.  Now, if he...
I feel like I'm always going over my life responsibilities to see which one's if any I can pare down or get rid of entirely.  I'm also trying to be concious not to add to my load by impulses like my current one - my toddler loves fish and I want to get him one for his birthday  BUT  I do not need a fish bowl to clean each week agh!!  Must. Resist. buying the fish!     ETA:  I've even found myself wondering when DS will be old enough for chores.  If he could dust...
Some are my expectations, some are other's.  I would like to exercise, have a cleaner bathroom, take my poor dog for a walk on occasion.    I have quotas at work that I sometimes meet and sometimes don't.  My work is being compared to my co-workers on weekly reports. My work is also occasionally sent back needing correction because I have a busy fuzzy brain that misses details.    My partner would like more of my time and attention, when frankly, I would like...
I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way, so I thought I'd seek out some general advice and get those of us who feel way this talking to each other.   I'm spread too thin.  My life feels compartmentalized, but one area bleeds into another, and I'm never doing enough in any one area.  What I do manage to accomplish is not quite good enough (or so I feel and so the child/boss/partner/my body says).   I do not have enough time, compassion, patience,...
I've totally lost my patience and any amount of whining is IMMEDIATELY sending me into a rage   I need some help to stop the whining and find my patience again, because it truly makes me want to spank my darling sweet child out of pure anger. I'm not sure what to do about it, because it's not that he's whining to get something that I can just withold until he asks politely.   DS will be 3 in one month.  Everything seems to be so hard and frustrating for him.  The...
Kindergarten here (midwest) starts mid to late august and the child must be 5.  In fact, in most places the child must be 5 by the June or July before school starts in order to go to Kindergarten.  
my soon to be 3 year old wears sandy's motherease bamboo.  They have cotton too.  They are fairly inexpensive and really absorbant.  They also pull on and off like undies, or unsnap for the messy accidents.  we use a dappi nylon cover over them.  Those are really cheap too.  It helped him soooo much to be in cloth.    you can often find them used on the diaperswappers.com FSOT website.   new sandy's are here -...