or Connect

Posts by DashsMama

Weighed in this morning and gained almost 2 pounds.  I guessed I would have a gain because I was off my diet all week and totally loading up on carbs.  I'm posting my gain to keep myself honest.  Oh, how I wanted to just not tell anybody.   I am feeling better mentally, so I'm hoping that this week will be easier for me to get back on track.   Have a great week everybody!  Keep up the good work!
Hey Losers!   (snicker)  Congratulations on the weight loss this week!  I pretty much maintained this week.  The scale showed a .2 gain, but at my weight that could just be a blip in the scale, so I'm not gonna worry about it.  I had a great start to the week, but then things got stressful and emotional, and I not only went off my diet, but went off big time with a couple trips to fast food places that I know I should avoid.  I've got a birthday tomorrow (My youngest is...
Must have been something in the air yesterday.  I was exhausted after our afternoon carpool yesterday and drove through a fast food place for a pick-me-up.  I ended up going over my calorie limit, and eating a bunch of carbs too.  I'm trying to not beat myself up about it, and am back on plan today.    Take it easy on yourself today, abbylotus, and get some sleep if you need it.  One setback does not a failure make.  You can do this!
Here's a big ol' cyber hug for you, Abbylotus!  I totally know the feeling.  I often wish I could go back in time and tell my younger self to keep moving and eat better so I never get to this point.  But reality is what it is, unfortunately.  All we can do is be kind to ourselves and make today the day we make the changes we should have made months or years ago.  We'll get there eventually, we just have to be patient and loving with ourselves and keep plugging...
Hooray, I made it back!   So I've been back on my program since Jan 1st and everything seems to be going well.  I've gotten over the initial few days of cravings and have settled into my diet.  I've done a good job of logging my food after each meal and have stayed within my calories.  So, when I sneaked a peek on the scale this morning, I was a little perturbed to see a small gain.  I know at my weight that a small fluctuation is nothing to worry about, but it sure...
Hey Everyone! Sorry I've been MIA.  This week has been a busy one so far (started homeschooling my oldest) and it's been hard for me to check back in here. I don't know how to put a sticky at the top of the thread with everyone's stats, so if someone else knows how to do that and wants to keep track of it, go ahead.  I am weighing myself every Monday and posting my results on "The Jackson's Challenge" on Livestrong.com (It's a group for folks who have 100 #'s plus to...
Thanks for starting this new thread, Wendyland.  Lose your fanny in Janny, cracked me up!  Hopefully we can keep this new thread busy enough that the old one won't get resurrected.   Day three of the new year and I'm still on track!  I'm doing South Beach Diet again, and starting at the beginning, so I'm In phase one right now which means very little carbs.  The first couple of days are hard for me, but then it gets easier.  I wasn't craving carbs much at all today,...
Happy New Year, everyone!   I'm back after a short hiatus.  I decided that I was spending way too much time on the computer.  I was checking in here daily and posting my food on The Daily Plate too, and it felt like some days I never got out of my computer chair.  I've decided that using The Daily Plate and checking in with you all really does help me stay with my program so I'm going to try and keep up with you all but limit my MDC time to a couple times a week...
Good luck with the Weight Watchers, micah_mae_!  It's a great program and really helped me get a handle on healthy portions and more filling, lower calorie foods.   I know this is not everyone's experience, but I had a big drop in milk supply when I did Weight Watchers (my youngest was 12 mos old, and eating solids, but still nursing heavily).  I even added in 10 extra points for nursing instead of the recommended 5.  Because of this, I recommend you (and every other...
Welcome micah_mae_! Congrats on the 21 pound loss! What have you been doing so far that has worked for you?