or Connect

Posts by ssh

I saw it mentioned on TWWS too. Also I look around once in awhile, I just don't post. I thought since the question was asked, people might want to know. Some of us left because MDC became morally offensive.
I left because I boycott businesses and various media that sponsor hate. There were threads here and topics brought up on facebook that invited racist and homophobic discourse and then there was the Pat Robertson stuff.  I can't participate in that.
Penicillins and cephalosporins are the antibiotics of choice for strep and are considered safe during pregnancy. Step can turn into rheumatic fever (inflammatory arthritis), acute post-streptococcal glomerulonephritis (kidney inflammation). It can sometimes cause kidney failure. All of those would be worse for an unborn baby than penicillin.  
If untreated, strep throat can sometimes cause complications such as kidney inflammation or infection and rheumatic fever. Rheumatic fever can lead to painful and inflamed joints, a rash and even damage to heart valves. Kidney damage can happen if an infection or inflammation isn't treated. Here's a link http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/000503.htm .   I'm not big on antibiotics. My 5.5 year old has never been on them. But strep is one thing I'd use...
Yes and it needs to be an apology that takes responsibility for the mistakes not just excuses for what happened, and also not just an attempt to placate people.
It was the poster mothering that started the racist thread.  The focus was a study about how white people believe that they lose when other races advance... that it's a zero sum game. Because of the way google works this thread invited people to post racist comments and gave a place for racist discourse on this site. It was very offensive. You ask if I think MDC supports this. Well they haven't come out with a public apology denying their support of racism or the...
I didn't participate in the poll because I'm deciding whether to boycott mothering.   Dauphinette, the racist thread was in current events.  I can't find it, it's been deleted. It was offensive enough to need deleting. It was started by mothering. I believe the person didn't realize what the article cited really said and didn't have any idea the thread would attract so many racist responses and be so offensive. Still a sad situation though.
It seems like some people are just dismissing complaints out of hand and labeling the complainers instead of dealing with the real issues. Real issues like starting thread that encouraged racists to post here. Real issues like homophobic discourse on facebook. Real issues like aligning mothering dot community with a hate group like Pat Robertson's. My disgust and distaste at the recent choices made by this forum have nothing to do with any other forum, but my own...
I'm kind of waiting too. I usually boycott businesses and various media that sponsor hate, even occasionally write and then boycott their advertisers. First there were threads here and topics brought up on facebook that invited racist and homophobic discourse and then there was the Pat Robertson stuff. It's really sad.
We co-slept 4 years, until DD decided her bed in her room was cooler, and after about 10 months old DD always went to sleep earlier than I did. She'd nurse to sleep then I 'd get out of bed. A 4 year old needs 10 to 12 hours sleep per day, a 7 year old needs 9 to 10, and an adult needs 7 to 8. So how does it work with all of you having one bedtime? Are either of your boys in school or preschool? How is an adult bedtime working with getting up at 7 or 8? My DD, 5.5 now,...