or Connect

Posts by ssh

My 5.5 year old sometimes 'reads' her babies and stuffed animal friends stories while she's going to sleep. How much sleep is your DS1 getting a night? My DD only sleeps 10 and really can't go to sleep unless she's been up 14 hours.  I have to wake her early if I need to change her bedtime. Sometimes a 4 and 6 year old need different amounts of sleep. Have you tried having your DH read your DS1 stories until you are done getting your 4 year old to sleep?
it wasn't age appropriate advice at all.  
I had two c-sections, the second one planned.   We eat mostly non organic.   We used disposable diapers.   DD will be going to public school starting next year with kindergarten.   We vax.   My DD was supplemented with formula if my DH ran out of expressed milk, when I worked on Saturdays.
You said while you are disciplining, but not what exactly you are doing. Are you "saying stop xyz it's dangerous" in a calm voice? Are you just telling her "you can have xyz some other time" calmly? Are you sending her to time out or to her room? It's really hard to give advice if we don't know what you are doing. I found saying no got a better reaction if i explained why or told DD what she could do instead. Also how are you helping her deal with all these intense...
I don't think disgusting is the word for finding believing in fairies abit funny. Here's the old post http://www.mothering.com/community/forum/thread/786980/help-me-track-down-which-language-these-words-come-from-daughter-talks-to-ghosts/40#post_9682660  
This.   She just isn't developmentally able to clean up after herself if she poops in her pants. Not at all. Potty learning isn't a discipline issue it's a developmental issue. You don't use natural consequences with developmental issues even if you do choose to use them for behavior ones. It's not fair to your LO. If she needs to go back to using pull ups it's ok. You don't want to give your DD stress right before she has a new sibling. Relax abit and enjoy having one on...
All of the above and more, http://organicconsumers.org/monsanto/index.cfm .
I'm glad it was helpful. You want your DS to treat people respectfully, including you, because it will make his life easier and him happier. The other people your DS will have in his life will have boundaries and he needs to learn how to be successful socially. So don't feel bad about helping him learn to be civil, you're doing him a favor especially if you are calm and consistent about it. I think kids with intense temperaments need more guidance while learning to...
I taught my DD some simple meditation style calming techniques right before she turned 5. We practiced a few times when everything was ok. Basically she was breathing out bad feelings (anger or sadness), slowly, and then breathing in good feelings (the love people have for you), using visualization to imagine the bad feelings leaving her body and the good ones coming in. It helped along with talking about appropriate ways to react to anger or upsetness when she was calm....
If it's something you might change your mind about, don't say no. The only thing you're doing wrong is giving in. Giving in rewards the bad behavior. You may have to demand he not be mean to you. Get down on his level, look him in the eye, put your hands on his arms gently and quietly but seriously say "You may not be mean to me, I don't let people treat me this way. I don't let people be mean to you either. Being mean to people is a bad idea. People don't like or want...