or Connect

Posts by ssh

Tell her you don't want to have any individual contact with her, you could email so you don't have to hear her response. That she's part of the group and you will be civil when all of you are together, but that's the extent of it. If you don't give any reasons she won't have any points to argue about. Then block her on your facebook, don't take her calls, delete her emails, etc., without reading them and just be polite when all of you are together. If she says something...
I would still think the school would be liable that students had access to an area that was so structurally dangerous.
We do a lot of this type of thing too. I also really think that kids want to think of themselves as good people but don't realize some of the things they say and do is mean and not what a good person would choose to do.    
Did you look at the link, http://nd.edu/~jmckenn1/lab/longterm.html ? Research has shown that people who co-slept are more secure and less anxious. My DD has a normal amount of anxiety and fears for her age, but none about sleeping, being in the dark or being alone in her room. The problem with you trying to decide when your DDs ready is that there's no way for you to really know.  Your DD on the other hand can tell when she's ready to try things. There aren't any kids...
When my DD was 3 she was still co-sleeping and nursing some at night. If we weren't in bed with her she waked every hour or so, but if we were in bed with her she slept. Right before age 4 she weaned herself and then decided she wanted to sleep in her own bed with her nightlights. When she first weaned herself she'd roll around and kinda wiggle herself asleep for a few weeks. After deciding to go to her own room she'd go to sleep with stories and stay asleep 10 hours. I...
When do they get up in the morning? 5 year olds sleep from 10 to 12 hours per day and 7 years olds 10 to 11 hours. The only way to get my 5 year old DD to go to sleep earlier is to wake her earlier. She sleeps 10 and then is up for 14 hours. If she was going to sleep at 8 her wake up time would need to be 6am. The time your DSs actually go to sleep, 9:30 or 10, is a good go to bed time for our household because no one is up before 7:30.   I don't think going to sleep...
We childproofed so that all the cords plugged into the walls were behind furniture or something. For example we put a piece of wood on computer desk so all the cords were behind it, but there was still room to have your legs underneath it. Also they make outlet covers that you screw on, so they have to be unscrewed before they can be unplugged. One thing some people don't think of is anchoring heavy furniture to the wall so it can't fall if climbed on. There are so many...
  Yeah. I remember people thought rock and roll was satanic or something. Of course I was alive during the 60s. Parents were disturbed by all the free love and drug references back then. My 5 year old really likes swing, Glen Miller specifically, and some old rock stuff on one of our mix cds. We don't listen to the radio much, so she hears a mix of electronica, old rock, hip hop, alternative, world fusion, swing and techno. We do censor what she hears when she's with...
Maybe part of it is how it's handled in the daycare or that daycare is all day long so they are acting like siblings. My DD's classmates in preschool don't act that way. We've been to two parties and had one ourselves and they played well together. That age child does seem abit loud, emotional and whiney.   
The 5 point harness can be used until 65 lbs. or until the child is too tall for the top slot. They say 52 inches is the height limit but it really depends on your child's torso height. The top slot is about 18.25 inches. My DD has a long torso, but she's only 45.5 inches and she became to tall for the harness in her Nautilus a few months ago.